GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

She has had to go back to Nissan to be fixed. I love my car and hate to be without it.

It has a nasty vibration from the front right which is getting worse and worse.

So they picked her up this morning and have taken her back - to rub salt in the wound they have offered me a Ford Mondeo as a courtesy car . . . yes a bloody Mundaneo.

I am fighting for a better car as I really do feel a Mondeo is just nasty.

When my 911 went in for a repair I got another 911 - now I was not expecting another GTR (would have been nice) but a 350Z would have done. Is it just me or is this taking the pi$$.

Before anyone starts, I am not a Pork lover, I have had one, it was good, my GTR is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better and is my 3rd fast Nissan.

Kp

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
It's a horrible sight seeing that, had the same with mine when the gearbox went, and yes i too was given the Ford Mondeo ESTATE DIESEL courtesy car!!!!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And you put up with it, you spent 60K on a car and that is what they palmed you off with - that is off.

Even when my M3 went in (was 4 years old and cost me 24K) they gave me a choice of a sporty 3 series or a half decent 5 series.

Kp

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hi. Im amazed you've not been given a Nissan! It's a warranty claim so all costs will go back to Nissan. I'd waiit and see how long the repair is going to take and if its more than a few days I'd speak to customer services and ask for a better car!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
KP- no i didn't put up with it, but after organising the collection of the car i had to phone the HPC 6 days on the trot leaving messages before i could even just speak to someone to confirm the car had been received. Then i finally got hold of customer service, initially they said they would get a 350z over to me, a week later they said they couldn't do this but did agree that this was not a reasonable way to be treated they then organised a C Class Merc for me, which was then delivered somewhere in Sweden would you believe and not my address in London, by which time i was waving the white flag, as three weeks without GTR was now approaching, and i'd realised the London Bus service was more reliable than Nissan Customer service!

Worst part about it is that i was looking to buy the girlfriend a 370z, but my money is going to Audi now instead because at least they know about some form of afterservice

·
Registered
203 Posts
It worries me to see your car strapped down without any wheel covers. Perhaps I'm just a little paranoid after several owners had damage but mine has been back to the dealer several times now and I insist on wheel protectors every time. Even the transporter guys have said how easily they have found that the wheels mark even with covers.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
To be fair I think that is arse covering on Nissan (transport companies behalf) I have never had a wheel marked on any of my cars like that. I have seen the Ferrari van in my car park so many times dropping off my MDs new toy or after a service and there has never been an issue.

I think the reason the Nissan ones mark so easily is due to the fact that the paint is so thin and cheap on the wheels. I am going to get my wheels repainted via Nissan at it's next service - even with ten coats of wheel wax brake dust sticks to the paint and that really gets on my tits I like my wheels clean and shiney and with a wheel that has been painted and lacquered properly this is never an issue - to be honest the only thing I can actually fault with my truly awesome car is the paint on the wheels.

Kp

·
Registered
535 Posts
Kp

If it were me I would of been happy with a 350Z / 370Z or perhaps a Squashy or whatever they are called but at least a Nissan product ..... No not a Micra :chuckle: Im sure you will But push them hard on changing it ......

Hope they sought it quickly for you :)

CJ

·
Vendor
1,684 Posts
Sorry to read this kpkpkp ... but don't be too harsh on the humble Mundaneo ... you'd be amazed at what it is capable of. Many fellow GTROC Members will testify to this as well as their thoughts of changing their car :chuckle:

Hope it gets back to you safe and sound very soon and that your daily drive in the meantime gives you some pleasure :)

Jo

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry to hear all is not well with the beast, any idea what the vibration could be?
We do now, Darren has had it on the 4 wheel alignment and it looks like when I was in London 3 weeks ago I stayed at a certain 5 star hotel with valet parking (who scratched my front right wheel really badly) and offered to pay for the repair. It would appear that they also managed to bend a wishbone and knock the front wheels to the left with enough force that all the geo on the front of the car is out and has killed the tyres as well as a possible wheel bearing.

So luckily I have kept the email from their security manager who admits liability and I am just waiting for my darling wife (aka solicitor) to contact them with the good news.

I always stay at one hotel and they are awesome which is the Landmark - the one and only time I stay somewhere else this happens :mad:

Kp

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
We do now, Darren has had it on the 4 wheel alignment and it looks like when I was in London 3 weeks ago I stayed at a certain 5 star hotel with valet parking (who scratched my front right wheel really badly) and offered to pay for the repair. It would appear that they also managed to bend a wishbone and knock the front wheels to the left with enough force that all the geo on the front of the car is out and has killed the tyres as well as a possible wheel bearing.
Can´t think that if the wheel is still holding the air inside,that there is a chance the wishbone is bend...maybe the steering arm a bit,but then you should feel the car pulling hard to one side...,but never the wishbone,it is very hard:wavey:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The issue is the car would seem to have been slid into the curb and made contact on the side of the wheel. Nissan thinks the car may have been braked hard in mid corner and from the impact on the side of the wheel caused the damage.

If that makes sense.

Kp

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
The issue is the car would seem to have been slid into the curb and made contact on the side of the wheel. Nissan thinks the car may have been braked hard in mid corner and from the impact on the side of the wheel caused the damage.

If that makes sense.

Kp

No,that doesn´t make sence....

I can send you a picture of a GTR i bought some weeks ago ...slid onto a other car with higher speed then most of people have ever driven....it has a bend wishbone and a damage to the wheel(+ some more damage)....but be sure,you never damage the wishbone from sliding onto a curb without damaging the wheel so much that you dont feel it when driving...:chuckle:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I could feel it when I was driving - it was vibrating and getting worse and worse which is why the car was sent back to Nissan - I did not drive it over Christmas as when even I went anywhere we took my wifes X5.

Kp

1 - 20 of 33 Posts