GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

What are a good brake pad for the GTR running std Brembo's ??

I had an MOT a while back and they said there was only about 2mm of chew left on the ones on there and with Bedford coming up it is time to change 'em.

I need something that can cope with trackdays (with plenty of time to cool between sessions) and are not too squeaky, although squeaky brakes are far less annoying than having no brakes due to choosing the wrong pads for the track.

please help with your views and opinions.

I was thinking of EBC red stuff as a starting point any advances ?
oh and upgrading to AP's isn't an option at the moment !!

thanks for your help.

/Steve

·
Registered
338 Posts
Steve,

I was recommended Ferodo DS2500's

I haven't tried them myself yet but I've heard that they are not squeeky or to hard on the disks but well up to fast road and track use.

Jez

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
yep

go for ds2500's, I have them and they are much better than the standard ones, they squeek a little at low speed but are the nuts.

:smokin:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've just been told they are for track use only...

Not that it bothers me that much but are they still safe on the road ?

what sort of prices do you guys pay for these I've been quoted about £150 for the fronts alone...

/Steve

·
Registered
720 Posts
I use the 2500's there a good all round pad. As mentioned they do squeel, but don't need to be heated much before they become 100% effective (like other race type pads).

Jason.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Pads

Got DS2500s on mine all round.

Perfectly fine for normal road use and also stops from very. very high speeds!

Guy

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Steve, they may not be going on a Skyline, but i've got a set of DS2500's sitting at Abbey ready to go on my car next week.

Can't give an opinion on them as i've never tried them, but Mark wouldn't recommend them to me if he didn't rate them.

I've got the new formula Green Stuff ones on there at the moment (have had for a year and a half). Although they are lasting very, very well (only half worn after a year and a halfs use), they take a very long time to get to their best. Once they're really hot, they work very well, but at cold temps...they're not so good.

I'd go with what the other guys here have said, give the DS2500's a go.

Cheers,
Daz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts