GTR Forum banner

What Pads ??

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Daz 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

What are a good brake pad for the GTR running std Brembo's ??

I had an MOT a while back and they said there was only about 2mm of chew left on the ones on there and with Bedford coming up it is time to change 'em.

I need something that can cope with trackdays (with plenty of time to cool between sessions) and are not too squeaky, although squeaky brakes are far less annoying than having no brakes due to choosing the wrong pads for the track.

please help with your views and opinions.

I was thinking of EBC red stuff as a starting point any advances ?
oh and upgrading to AP's isn't an option at the moment !!

thanks for your help.

/Steve

#7 ·
I've just been told they are for track use only...

Not that it bothers me that much but are they still safe on the road ?

what sort of prices do you guys pay for these I've been quoted about £150 for the fronts alone...

/Steve

#10 ·
Steve, they may not be going on a Skyline, but i've got a set of DS2500's sitting at Abbey ready to go on my car next week.

Can't give an opinion on them as i've never tried them, but Mark wouldn't recommend them to me if he didn't rate them.

I've got the new formula Green Stuff ones on there at the moment (have had for a year and a half). Although they are lasting very, very well (only half worn after a year and a halfs use), they take a very long time to get to their best. Once they're really hot, they work very well, but at cold temps...they're not so good.

I'd go with what the other guys here have said, give the DS2500's a go.

Cheers,
Daz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.