GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still debating on whether to go for a stroker kit or just pistons and rods.
It seems that a lot of ppl are recommending the Trust 2.7kit due to it should be capable of wicked power and the price is very good.
However, I'm not sure I really need the crank for my HP goals or not, but I'm really torn, since I might want to go higher some day and I plan to only do this ONCE!

I will def. push it to 750bhp (flywheel), but will the stock crank take this safely? A Farndon crank is 1400 + VAT so there are def. a good portion of money to be saved.

I've been looking around, mainly on nengun, but the pistons and rods on there seem to be rather expensive. I've seen Pauter rods are cheaper, but they are I beams and not H. also Rosi pistons are rather cheap, but I don't know about those..
let me know your thought on some good but economical pistons & rods that will support +800bhp.

Thanks ppl.:squintdan

·
Registered
491 Posts
Go for H-beam rods not I-ones! And since you said you gonna go for more maybe and you wanna do the job only ONCE, then make sure you don´t go for cheapy crap parts! Have you thoght about Wiseco or Mahle?

·
Registered
303 Posts
hi

I'm still debating on whether to go for a stroker kit or just pistons and rods.
It seems that a lot of ppl are recommending the Trust 2.7kit due to it should be capable of wicked power and the price is very good.
However, I'm not sure I really need the crank for my HP goals or not, but I'm really torn, since I might want to go higher some day and I plan to only do this ONCE!

I will def. push it to 750bhp (flywheel), but will the stock crank take this safely? A Farndon crank is 1400 + VAT so there are def. a good portion of money to be saved.

I've been looking around, mainly on nengun, but the pistons and rods on there seem to be rather expensive. I've seen Pauter rods are cheaper, but they are I beams and not H. also Rosi pistons are rather cheap, but I don't know about those..
let me know your thought on some good but economical pistons & rods that will support +800bhp.

Thanks ppl.:squintdan
the standard crank will hold 900bhp no problem!!!

i no the standard crank has been pushed as high as 1300bhp!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Go for H-beam rods not I-ones! And since you said you gonna go for more maybe and you wanna do the job only ONCE, then make sure you don´t go for cheapy crap parts! Have you thoght about Wiseco or Mahle?
H-Beam rods are more expensive and so everyone assumes they are better. They may be, depending on manufacturer etc, but don't discount I-beams just because Jap tuning companies have all gone the way of pushing H-beams at thousands of pounds.

·
Registered
303 Posts
hi

i take it you dont no the difference so.

i beam rods are stronger than h beam and can take way more power, just arnt as high reving!!

h beanm are better for high rpm but weaker!

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
yes but building it yourself on budget rods and pistons and then it throwing a leg out of bed and having to replace the whole setup or get rob to build it. i know which i'd choose mate.

so as per their website...

Our most popular complete bottom end is the forged RB30 4WD, we do a package deal at NZD$16,900 which includes the following:

Acid dipped and fully prepped genuine RB30 block
R.I.P.S block brace/4WD adapter kit
R.I.P.S custom high capacity baffled race sump
R.I.P.S custom modifications to oil system
All new frost plugs and oil gallery plugs
Bored to suit new custom forged pistons
New custom billet rods
Fully prepped and balanced RB30 crankshaft
Aftermarket JUN oil pump drive
Genuine JUN/Greddy/TOMEI oil pump
ACL race series bearings
Lower cambelt drive gear, washers and keys
New aftermarket 1500hp front pulley/damper
Genuine Nissan waterpump
New idler and tensioner bearings
Race spec RB30 cambelt
All balanced, blueprinted and assembled, ready to take a RB25 or RB26 cylinder head

all for £5783.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts