Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 4.) Most vertical?

Votes: 2 2.7%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Administrator
31,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you fiddled with it? even noticed any difference?

what position is it in now?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I done it to my lm for one day, I did notice it was better on the motorway.
At low speeds no diffrence.
But after a 3 hour drive i had two stone chips on the cb wing, So put it back to flat.:flame:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Not sure exactly what it is set at, relatively flat though. I posted a query about settings for trackdays and got no replies. I'll be interested to see the replies to this thread.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I moved mine down, pointing at the boot lid as far as it could, and I noticed a huge difference on hard/fast cornering. It suck to the road like glue in this position. Apparently it affects your top speed, but I never got the chance to prove it:chuckle: , as I've now reverted back to horizontal to aid fuel consumption (less drag).

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
I keep mine in the most horizontal position, but i do drop it a notch if im at Spa.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I have mine one hole down for the best of all worlds really. Would not fancy having it vertical for fuel consumption and if you have it flat you may as well have no spoiler?

·
Following EJH#25
6,841 Posts
I have the Nismo twin carbon spoilers and have the main one set flat and the rear one set on 2 I think.

·
Registered
597 Posts
used to have it horizontal (for mpg), tried it at '4', but never noticed any difference, car was rock steady at high speeds anyway, did notice a difference in the rain pattern on the rear screen in the positions, plus keeping it horizontal meant that it didn't obscure my rear vision, didn't really want to be snuck up on by cars with blue lights.

·
Administrator
31,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so position 4 on the Nurburgring might make a noticable difference?

mook

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
It most likely only works properly above 60 or 70 mph anyways, Thats when aerodynamics really comes into it IIRC.

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,032 Posts
Mine is always one hole down, whether on the road or track. I did swap to position 4 once at Spa after Tobes suggested that I try it. It does make a difference but I keep forgetting to do it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Mine was set at one down when i bought the car and not touched it since, but I think i'll play about with it when i go to events next year. Hopefully it'll make some difference at high speed.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mine was set to the most vertical when I bought it, I have since moved it to one hole down from flat. Just wanted to make sure I had a little extra downforce if I was going into a corner hard.

MidNite :cool:

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
About 8" above the boot just at the back of the car :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

well, somebody had to say it. :flame:

I'll get my coat:runaway:

·
Registered
467 Posts
LOL John

I have mine 1 hole down. Although I have a twin blade adjustable rearwing, so I don't know if there's a different with the single blade version

1 - 20 of 42 Posts