GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys need some help, trying to buy myself another GTR and need to know roughly what HP and torque i will get will this set up and a decent map when its run in:

now 2.7 r32 block rebored to 86.5 honed and linebored.n1 crank from rb with new front pully lightend flywheel full assemly balanced.n1 graded bearings ,cp86.5mm forged pistons with eagle h beam forged steel rods, head skimed ported and polished new valve stem seals valves reground,tomicams in 256/ex264 with cam pullys trust 1.3 mm head gasket.2x hks 2640 turbos fully rebuilt by ownes developments all polished and ported hks piping. hks fromount drag intercooler.hks hi power 409 exaust.hks mushrom filters.750 sard injectors with nismo fuel pump. hks profec b boost controller .hks f con pro gold ecu, oz giken twin plate clutch and pressure plate

fairly decent spec? Anything else i need to know?

Oil pressure just under 4bar on tickover HOT, and above 6 bar cold, these decent readings for a freshly built engine?

Any help appriciated

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Oil pressure sounds good (is that standard gauge readings, or aftermarket?).

Not sure what those turbos put out I'm afraid, so can't help on power. Who's mapping it? They'd be in a good position to tell you what to expect, surely.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
If you mean HKS 2540 turbos they are rated at 700 hp (350 each). I can't find 2640s listed. But as above it all depends on the mapping to get the best out of them.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
ps what's an hks profec b boost controller?

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Id like to have RB map it.

Not sure on the boost controller ??? Just what he sent me?

ANything else the engine needs to see good power you think?

Standard oil pressure guage (i know they are cr*p lol id prob put an after market 1 in if i baught it)

Engine has only done 50 miles so lots of running in to do befor maping, and i want to buy it and run it in myself so it isnt thrashed, thats why i was wundering wat Power it should see.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Who's done the run-in map, or whatever it's running now?

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
What he said ...

If you mean HKS 2540 turbos they are rated at 700 hp (350 each). I can't find 2640s listed. But as above it all depends on the mapping to get the best out of them.
injectors will be on there limit and so will the pump

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so we think around 650 flywheel? what sort of torque?

Its running on the old map for run in is this safe?

only done 50 miles max. It was mapped befor with the same turbos but without the over bore and forged internals, head work etc

Any help appriciated guys Ty

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Old map should be okay to run it in, as you won't be thrashing it. I'd get it remapped when it's run in though.

Then you can find out what figures it delivers...

·
Registered
627 Posts
mine done 1000 miles on the run in map before the proper map was done. i'm sure you'll get circa 650-680bhp maybe a bit more depending on who maps it.
i would suggest changing the injectors aswell though as they will be running pretty close to the limit.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
so we think around 650 flywheel? what sort of torque?

Its running on the old map for run in is this safe?

only done 50 miles max. It was mapped befor with the same turbos but without the over bore and forged internals, head work etc

Any help appriciated guys Ty
You should see between 550-600 lbs/ft with that set up mate with the right supporting mods. Lots of different schools of thought for running in periods but mine was run in by the engine builder/mapper for 700 miles (TR Racing).

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Id like to have RB map it.

Not sure on the boost controller ??? Just what he sent me?

ANything else the engine needs to see good power you think?

Standard oil pressure guage (i know they are cr*p lol id prob put an after market 1 in if i baught it)

Engine has only done 50 miles so lots of running in to do befor maping, and i want to buy it and run it in myself so it isnt thrashed, thats why i was wundering wat Power it should see.
Talk to Rod at RB, he is very helpfull & should be able to answer all your questions. Check he can map the F-con as well.
Do you actually have this engine/car yet or are you just thinking about buying it? "I want to buy it"

·
Registered
627 Posts
Snap!! Rob ended up doing 1000 miles on mine although he did say that
700 miles was more than sufficent for the engine to run in

·
Registered
627 Posts
Snap!! Rob ended up doing 1000 miles on mine although he did say that
700 miles was more than sufficent for the engine to run in

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
guy did a compression test afetr 250 miles and shows 150 Psi apartly due to cams and a 2% leak?

These good figures for an new engine not fully run in???

So ill be lucky to see 700HP and 550Lbft Torque?

Last gtr ran a T78 and was mega Laggy so hoping the twins will be far better!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts