GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking at taking my 33GTR for a dyno power run just to see what she's putting out, so 1st off what do you think i'll make with my current spec?

standard engine internalls with standard turbo's and R34 intercooler

Greddy Profec Boost Controller running 1.2 bar

Large volume Aluminum Radiator

Garage Saurus Modified ECU (Setup and changed for UK fuel)

Twin HKS Dome air filters

1.2mm HKS steel headgasket

Full top end metal gasket set (inlet, exhaust, turbos, downpipes)

Trust Downpipes 3.5inch

Full RS*R ExMag Concept Exhaust 3.5inch

De-cat'd

and second . what do i need to make 550bhp as this is my end goal for power(till i blow the engine and put an RB30 in it)

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
400 bhp atf.
For 550 bigger injectors, turbos, airflow meters, fuel pump, fuel regulator, twin plate clutch, remap amongst other things

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
im suprised you can run 1.2 bar on standard injectors and pump. depending who mapped it id say more like 425-430 ish. but im unsure. as a rough guide r32 gtr, im running 2860-5 turbos (basically standard) but at standard boost, i believ 0.9 bar, on a power fc. standard injectors and pump. im running 427 at fly. tweenie wouldnt run the turbos any higher because of the absense of injectors and pump, which is why im suprised your running 1.2 bar on standard turbos. or are r33 turbos much stronger than i realise?? and r33 standard injecs and pump rated much higher??

kev

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
400 bhp atf.
For 550 bigger injectors, turbos, airflow meters, fuel pump, fuel regulator, twin plate clutch, remap amongst other things
about what i thought i'd need, i've got a os giken clutch so thats not gonna need changing(600bhp rated) and i was thinking 720cc injectors with 2860-5s turbo's PFC and Z32 afm's plus supporting mods

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im suprised you can run 1.2 bar on standard injectors and pump. depending who mapped it id say more like 425-430 ish. but im unsure. as a rough guide r32 gtr, im running 2860-5 turbos (basically standard) but at standard boost, i believ 0.9 bar, on a power fc. standard injectors and pump. im running 427 at fly. tweenie wouldnt run the turbos any higher because of the absense of injectors and pump, which is why im suprised your running 1.2 bar on standard turbos. or are r33 turbos much stronger than i realise?? and r33 standard injecs and pump rated much higher??

kev
i know a lot of people say its only safe to run 0.9-1.0bar on stock turbo's but a friend of mine has been running 1.2bar for 12+ months with no issues(yet)

and i can feel a lot of difference between mine at 1.2 now compared to when i got it and it was only just hitting 0.9, so i'll run at 1.2 and see what happens

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Of course every car is different, when i had R34 turbos i had 325 bhp at the hubs so around 395 atf. They were at 1.7 bar standard pump and airflow meters,

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you'll be buying those turbos sooner than you thought lol

nahhh seems to be pot luck with the ceramics some last for years at high boost some last days, must admit i will be running mine at 1.2
i know at some point i'll need new tubs but for now they work:thumbsup:
when i had the headgasket done at RB Motorsports rod gave the turbo's a clean bill of health and remarked how good their condition was(this promted me to up the boost to 1.2) and im not always running at 1.2 i run at 0.8 low boost setting if its just normal driving(or the wifes driving)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts