GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any production class championships that would allow skylines to RACE ?
Gary

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
If Gareth LLoyd went against Ronnie at TOTB and races in formula saloons/Silhouette Specials I guess you could squeeze it in there. Depends on the the regs. but I know that Jamie likes playing with touring cars with his R34:D
GT's are worth a go but they have regulations as well and the race skylines would need the power capped.
Is this question for your car Gary?
As for production class, that is what Andy Middlehurst did. They prefer smaller cars don't they like little pugs. Regs would say fwd, 1.6 litre so the skyline is out;)

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
you could sprint race it, just pick your courses well, we use Goodwood and Silverstone and a few other bigger sprint venues would be suitable. There is someone who was sprinting his GTR 33 this year!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
You could try these:- Formula Saloon Championship , The Toyo Tyres Modified Production Saloon Car Championship or BARC/CSCC Classic Group One Touring Car Championship

I haven't checked the reg's on these classes but I have seen Skylines racing a lot.
I dare say there is probably a Skyline / Japanese race club/class that you could race in.

Best to check the BRSCC or BARC if you are serious.

Rick

3,665 Posts
series to run a race skyline in

Gary,
we run a couple of skylines in race series
1 CAR A R32
runs in the Germany endurance series like Somberg is going
to run his R34 in a series that run at the ring the races are
over 2,4,6 and 24 hours.
OTHER CAR ALSO A R32
we are building at the moment will run in FORMULA SALOON
SERIES this has a class structure system you have to run
restrictors on a GTR and you have a lot of hassle racing ex
BTCC CARS.

The homolgation has run out on the R32 and R33 so if you want to run in any FIA run series the only car you can run is the R34

We are actually trying to sort out a deal to run to new 350 z,s in the british GT series in 2004.

Mark

·
Registered
364 Posts
Rick said:
You could try these:- Formula Saloon Championship , The Toyo Tyres Modified Production Saloon Car Championship or BARC/CSCC Classic Group One Touring Car Championship

I haven't checked the reg's on these classes but I have seen Skylines racing a lot.
I dare say there is probably a Skyline / Japanese race club/class that you could race in.

Best to check the BRSCC or BARC if you are serious.

Rick
skyline 4 doors are like rocking horse sh*t are'nt they?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
A 33 Skyline did a few races in the UK Formula Saloons championship back in the 98/99 season I believe. Same season that the Holden won all the races!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
The clubman races would be ok too.

I went to a porsche cup meeting at brands and there were a lot of old cars in that. There were several different classes but some of them seemed to be unlimited. Sierra cossies racing with VW scirocco's etc..

are you taking the beast racing then ?

/Steve

·
Registered
194 Posts
Steve's right...

there are quite a few around. Up here, you can race your car in the unlimited class of the SMRC at Knockhill. The guy that's won it the last few times is a guy call John Muir, who runs his own tuning place near Dunfermline.

He uses a, wait for it, RWD Toyota Starlet.

But with a Ex Eggenberger RS 500 Engine....

A 450 BHP Starlet. It shifts. Maybe you could have a go in that? (Even for testing, you'll be up against some really quick cars!)

I'm sure a sorted Skyline would whuup them..:D

Andy T.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I have yet to see a skyline whup that red golf gti that frequents track days.

I think that there'll be some serious competition in these club style events as there are not too many tracks where you can get the full potential out of a skyline.

the Brands hatch indy circuit is really twisty with not much straight. I personally think a really sorted hot hatch would be quicker. GP track may be different.

Remember Kemble with the civic which was the fastest thing out on the track ? I think it was Kiki from option driving it ?

you need to pick some clubs that use cossies and other bigger cars. just to level the playing field a bit.

/Steve

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Interesting what Abbey had to say:)
Gives me some scope for organising a meeting at Donington Park for skylines with a special parking area and maybe a parade lap next year.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Geees

Geees,
Thanks all for responding, sounds like there is a lot of options , actually more than I thought, give me something to think about in the near future:)
Gary

1 - 17 of 17 Posts