GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've bought a R33 GTR and am interested in what servicing you guys would recommend before driving it hard. Here's the spec of the car:

RSR Turbo back stainless exhaust (with decat and downpipes)
Apexi induction kits
HKS hard pipes
Greddy dump valve
2860-5 turbos
800cc injectors
280l fuel pump
SARD FMIC
SARD radiator
Z32s
AVCR
Power FC with commander
Twin plate clutch
Quickshift

HKS coilovers
18" Enkei RP01s
Recaro drivers seat

The previous owner had the car mapped just before I bought it. It's running 1.4bar so I'm guessing it's pushing somewhere around 500fwhp?

Unfortunately it crunches going from 3rd to 4th so I guess I'm going to have to shell out for a new gearbox at some point. Has anyone got any suggestions for upgraded gearboxes or would you recommend replacing with a good condition 33 box? I'm reluctant to do that as at some point I'd like to get it rebuilt to squeeze some more power so I'd like something that will take some abuse but won't break the bank!

Also, before really driving the car hard I'd like to give it a service. So I'll be changing the engine oil and filter. I was also thinking of changing the diff and gearbox oils. Are there any other service items people would recommend? (plugs were new for the remap and the filters look fairly new)

·
Administrator
31,902 Posts
change the gear oil to a redline shockproof. that'll really help the crunch,

find out who mapped it and speak to them about what setup they gave it, change oil and filter, but only do plugs if they aren't iridium or look worn

might be worth checking the boost level too

mook

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
change the gear oil to a redline shockproof. that'll really help the crunch,
Thanks, yeah I've heard that can help so I'll be doing that. I guess it's only a matter of time before it completely lets go though, so I'll have to start saving the pennies for a new box soon.

find out who mapped it and speak to them about what setup they gave it
It was mapped by Sam the dentist at checkpoint. When I spoke to him about it he said he was pleased with the map. I'd be interested what power it's actually making though so might put it on the rollers soon.

Can anyone recommend the diff oil I should use?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.