GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps,

I'm having my car go into Ron's next Monday to have the gearbox rebuilt and to have it serviced. I've not had it on the running properly for over a year now, so I thought it was time that I started to treat her right and get her back on the road.

The other reason I'm keeping it rather than selling it is because I've just started up my own tuning and styling company in Essex and will be using it as a demo car for that. (So if you need any parts! :D )

So what I'm after is any suggestions to what I should do to her? Either bodywork or on the tuning side. No limits to any suggestions.

I'll post up a few pics of the exterior and engine. Although these are old pics and I've got a new camera now so I will update this post with some new ones in a few days.

Cheers in advance,

Nick.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
If you're starting your own tuning business why not service it yourself? Not being obtuse - just would seem like a sensible idea....

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hodgie: I agree with you there, I don't think I've ever really been a fan of the spoiler, but the car was with it when I got it from Newera. I'm thinking of something more subtle (maybe!), like the standard wing, with either a double carbon blade or maybe the Bee-R carbon top wing. If not that then maybe the Do-Luck boot with the integral low spoiler, although by doing that then it doesn't give me scope for a carbon boot really. I'm not to keen on the wheels though, never have been, so they will definately be up for grabs. Any ideas on some 19's? Thinking Volk at the moment. I'll be polishing a few bits in the engine bay while it's there I think, what parts do you think I should do?

Jim27: Sorry Jim I should of been more clear, I meant tuning parts supplier, HKS, JUN, Blitz, Trial, just building up my suppliers at the minute, then when it's going well I've found a nice spot on the A127 for my shop, then I will have enough space to build a workshop on,

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking maybe something along the lines of this for the exterior? Or possibly with the Bee-R spoiler. What do you think?

·
Registered
415 Posts
never been much of a fan of carbon but i quite like it, not too sure about the wings though, i think the bonnet, roof and boot against white bodywork would be a nice combo especially with those black wheels.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Surley the point is to do the car the way you want it, demo car or not. The way you modify it will appeal to different people so you can't win either way LOL

If it were me I'd tune the car, I love the way the 33's look as they are. Saying that a few small bits here and there do help....

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I think a skyline might be the wrong demo tool. certainly if you want to make a big statement as it could easily suck more than £100,000 out of your budget - which is probably more than you can afford at this time.

With the skyline, I would make it look clean and tidy with mint bodywork and give it a moderate state of tune - something around the 500 / 600 bhp mark. The get another jap car that is cheaper and easier to go nuts on as an all out demo car.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Andy Hornsby: What difference would the OSGiken set make?

stealth: Why does it looks so bad? Other than the colour it's basically the Bee-R car without a wing.

Miness: I like my 2530's. Enough power for me. But agreed with the
spoiler.

inFOCUS: I've always liked alot of carbon, each to their own as they say. I've got rid of the carbon roof now, and replaced that with carbon 400R arches. (Have a look at my new version at the bottom). The car will be staying silver though.

kenan: I am going to do it exactly how I want it to look. Lots of carbon and dark wheels! At the end of the day, the way I want it will be quite eyecatching for my company (Trojansport :D ). I'm quite happy with the level of tune I've got at the moment. I want to get it on the rollers soon though and probably get the Mine's ECU re-mapped. Any suggestions where? Abbey maybe? I'm in Essex.

Big Sev: I am definately going to be putting some dark wheels on there, so I'll be selling my LM's if anybody wants them in the future. Why would the car need to be running 800+ bhp to look like that? I do like the look of carbon alot. As you can see! :D

gtr mart: As I've already got the Skyline it seems silly not to use it as a demo car rather than sell it just to get something else. And I don't want to have to use my Clio! :D It's already running around the 500-600 bhp bracket, so I don't need to put much else into the engine other than smartening it up.

Here's my new revised version of how I'd want my car to look. Although the kit I would have is still the Do-Luck one.

Thanks for all your input guys, I really appreciate it. I haven't got the website up and running yet but if you need any tuning parts or styling goodies then give me a shout. I can get hold of most stuff and I will aim to be pretty competitive with my prices.

Regards,

Nick.

Trojansport

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
Trojansport said:
Andy Hornsby: What difference would the OSGiken set make?

stealth: Why does it looks so bad? Other than the colour it's basically the Bee-R car without a wing.

It is not the colour it's the mock up with all that carbon ,I like carbon bonnets ok but wings roof and boot just make it look like a taxi ,imo.

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Trojansport said:
kenan: I am going to do it exactly how I want it to look. Lots of carbon and dark wheels! At the end of the day, the way I want it will be quite eyecatching for my company (Trojansport :D ). I'm quite happy with the level of tune I've got at the moment. I want to get it on the rollers soon though and probably get the Mine's ECU re-mapped. Any suggestions where? Abbey maybe? I'm in Essex.
I would highly reccomend Abbey, as would most the others on the forum for someone in your area. Sounds like your plan is forming, good luck with the project and keep us lot updated with pics :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
N15SAN: What's with the link mate? If you are referring to me selling my car, then my plans have changed, like they do! :)

Andy Hornsby: Hmmmmmm, food for thought. I should be able to get myself a good price on that too. :)

kenan: Well I use RK Tuning for most stuff because they're only down the road from me. But they haven't got a rolling road have they, or a mapping facility for Mine's ECU's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts