GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help?

I have 2530s with I believe a Kakimoto 2x70mm-90mm downpipe, would i have elbows inbetween or do the D/P connect straight to turbos?.

I am thinking of replacing the D/P with a Trust MX D/P, would this be a direct replacement, flange/size wise? as there seems to be differences in flange sizes of different brands.

thanks

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
There is a turbo elbow in between the downpipe/frontpipe and the turbo.

The frontpipe you have is very nice for the 2530. If you are looking for an elbow for that pipe, the best one would be Mine's, follow by HKS. Mine's is 70mm, HKS is 60.5mm, both are dual chamber for less tuberlance.

To make full use of that downpipe, you also want a 90mm piping exhaust. However, that is quite big and not along of company do it. So you might have to shell out a little more. Most of the 90mm one I see on the market are titanium one, and therefore MEGA expansive. Again, Mine's come into mind.

There are a couple stainless steel exhaust that come with 90mm pipe, but it is going to be hard to get a hold of. But the setup you have will be very nice for 2530.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have two 90mm kakimoto systems to fit the downpipe, problem is, one is too quiet and one is too loud (unless using bung), so thinking of sacrificing a bit of power and going to an 80mm system with a nur spec R but want to check that the Trust MX d/p with fit to the turbos/elbow end before i order one.

cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts