GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

End of company year coming up and have decided to buy a fun/fast/small car for mainly me an some of the team to run around in. (can't afford two Skys)

I had a smart brabus before and have looked at the cooper s but they seem to be round the 17-20k mark, rather buy a fecking R33!!

Whats your thoughts?

Honda Civic type r
Clio 172
Mini cooper - or S

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You tell me what u think.

Can't be to fast as my 19 old years will be rolling it off roads, don't laugh two of them in 3 months!!! (thankfully not my cars oh yer not hurt as well :)

d

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'd go for the Civic.........

anyway,if low costs are the main concern,a stripped out 106 can be bloody fast thruogh corners and fun to drive for about half the price plus mods.

A second hand rally model will cost even less

Hope this helps.
Ciao

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Of those, the Clio is most fun, the CTR is ok but too high, if you can buy secondhand I'd go for a 306GTI-6 - loads of fun and better built than the clio...

Cooper S's are in the view of some - overated, I know of a few people selling fast (and not to 'cash in')...

Have you looked a the new Seat Leon Cupra R (210bhp Audi S3 engine, easily tuned to c.270bhp :eek:) - Tasty

Jon

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Dave,

My votes with the GTiR. Loads more fun for your money and wont break the bank (well not yours anyway:D ). Also, you can use the same maintainers as your current fleet. And they're not too common either.

John

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Civic Type R

Thats the only choice !!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Problems problems problems!!

One problem,

If it was just for me i would go Gtir (i think the only choice:)

But remember it's for the editors at work that will use it as a pull car so it can't be 400bhp mad :(

I had a 106 gti (size 11.5 feet and 2cm between pedals don't mix) sold it two weeks later!

It really needs to be new or newish and i would like it to be flash (no not because i'm a flash bastard, but i would like to promote a new magazine and website on it so.... you know)

Any other cars not mentioned on to minds??

d

·
Registered
49 Posts
Integra R

My money would be on the best clean example of a type r Integra you could find.
Excellent roadholding and exhilarating ride... far prettier than a civic , just as fast !:smokin:

·
Registered
268 Posts
I took a Cooper S out for a test drive and it's awesome!!

Okay it's 0-60 may not be as quick as the civic type R but the cooper s handling will p**s over it. :)

I've heard the new Clio 172 sport is good though and the 0-60 time is the same as the civic...

My thought anyway

Chris

·
Registered
666 Posts
Mini Cooper S.
It is a fashion statement and shows you are up with current trends.
No offence intended a GTir is old
A 172 is a clio which is just like a clio from 10 years ago with a face lift.
A Civic type R is too tall and does not look snappy.

The 'S' is the only one which portrays a decent corporate image.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Civic Type R!!

All Day!

The actually difference the Cooper S has over the less tuned version is marginal and certainly not worth the hugh price difference! Ask Matt OZ!!

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Small car

What ever small car you choose...you'll always have fun in it!;) :D

The next car I would like is the GTiR!!! (one day!)

Claire

·
Registered
134 Posts
Mini Mini Mini - Seat ! But them I'm biast as my other half works at the Mini plant in Cowley... We usually get various models to try out once a month, and even the Mini One is good fun once you work up a head of steam, plus they are very cool inside and out ..

Paul

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have a type R and its a lot of fun, but a bit Japanese performance car in the suspension department (ie quite hard and a bit unruly on B roads). Also have a TT (250), which is much more refined, but not quite as quick and does not rev all the way to 8,200!

The 0-100 times or on the move times of the CTR are much better than most of the opposition, its quoted at 16.9 but I reckon its nearer 15 - 15.5.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Sorry, the TT reference was given as an indication of what the Leon might feel like. By the way, crap gear change (on all VW stable cars I've ever driven.

·
Registered
130 Posts
how about a Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo. 6speed box, push button start and all the other tarty bits n' bobs.

220bhp as standard (0-60 6secs, 0-100 in around 14secs)

pretty damn quick and its a good looker too considering the real bargains you can pick up if you look around

1 - 20 of 50 Posts