GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

my dealer said that the 2010 model will feature a new and more powerfull battery then in the 2009 model.

He said it would be 560Ah now. So when I look at the CTEK website and goto their info page about how to choose your battery conditioner they say that you should multiplie the 560Ah with 0.1 giving us 56Ah.

When I look at the models the only one that comes near the 56Ah is the XS25000 model which could go as high as 50Ah.

now my question here is that this XS25000 is indeed the best battery conditioner for me? I only want it so when I stall my vehicle during the winter months I'm as sure as I can be that the battery will maintain all off it's power and the the sat nav protections system doens't completely drain my battery?

I assume that the CTEK XS25000 if used in the maintenance charging mode, and that my battery is full it wont use so much electricity from the net right?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
The 560 you quoted is CCA, not Ah.
Most likely your battery is 50-60Ah at most, charge rate should at most be 5A/hr max for a trickle (maintenance) charger (1-2A/hr would be adequate)

The charger you have chosen is massive overkill for what you want

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Yep; a 560Ah battery would be huge!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow guys thanks for the fast reply's, much apriciated.

So my dealer told me a wrong value ok, but does anyone here knows exactly how much Ah a 2010 GT-R battery has?

Something in the neighbourhood of 50-60Ah then right?

So I'm better off with an Accumate here like Guy sais or maybe an CTEK?

The XS3600 has these specs:

Charging current 3.6A
Battery capacity 1.2 -120Ah

and the XS700 has the following ones:

Charging current 7A Max
Battery capacity 14-225Ah

And I'm seeing something here with the XS800:

Charging current 0.8A
Battery capacity 1.2-32Ah (1.2-100Ah maintenance charging)

So the XS800 could also be a possibility in maitenance charging mode?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
XS3600 or XS7000 would do the job.

XS800 is most probably too small, on the proviso that you have alarm etc still connected, if your disconnecting the battery completely from the car's systems the XS800 would be fine.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I was very surprised when I returned to my GTR after a month and found the battery with plenty of charge to start etc. Considering I have a tracker device pinging away I was expecting it to be dead. My E46 M3 would not have sufficient power to start the car after 21 days.

Both cars garaged so the winters have less effect than left in the drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts