GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one for sale near to me with 500bhp, wandering ROUGHLY what sort of figures i would be looking at top end and acceleration. cheers

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Because speedos are innacurate. 0-60 is gonna be low fours or possibly high threes with a brutal launch and sticky tyres

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
marcyt21 said:
why will the speedo show more?? what 0 -60
GTR speedos are very inaccurate at high speed. My 34 will show over 225mph on a downhill stretch of private road. I bought a driftbox which has a GPS speedo that is deadly accurate.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so if i do 190, not that i will :) then i will actually be doing 175. how much is it to have the speedo adjusted and setup properly

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Maybe its just the R34 speedos that are inaccurate. When I ran my R32 at Bruntingthorpe I saw an indicated 160mph, and the speed trap I went through said 168mph. That was with roughly 420bhp

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
knight said:
Maybe its just the R34 speedos that are inaccurate. When I ran my R32 at Bruntingthorpe I saw an indicated 160mph, and the speed trap I went through said 168mph. That was with roughly 420bhp
Was that on std size wheels and tyres?
Fitting 19s and 275 rubber to my 34 made mine less oprimistic but it still over-reads. The 34 rev counter is also inaccurate by as much as 450revs at redline in some 34s.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
knight said:
Its got 18s and 265s
The increase in rolling radius has over-corrected the speedo to the point that its reading slow . Stick 16s booted in 245 rubber and it will over read like crazy.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
knight said:
No chance of putting 16's on any more, they won't fit over the AP's :)

I have the same problem. I bought some 10.5 x 18 TE37s and they will not clear my front brakes. They looked awesome on the rear as well wrapped in 295 rubber :bawling: :bawling:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
COSSYCam said:
I have the same problem. I bought some 10.5 x 18 TE37s and they will not clear my front brakes. They looked awesome on the rear as well wrapped in 295 rubber :bawling: :bawling:
Hi Cam,
That's a bit worrying as I was looking for 18s to go over my 380mm Brembos and was about to order some TE37s .....
What brakes are you running now ?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts