GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really tempted to change the spoiler on my car, I find the stock one to be a bit on the safe side in terms of looks. I want something a bit more in your face.

For example:
Carbon fiber Fibre rear wing VT style Spoiler For Nissan R35 GTR | eBay

or

Nissan R35 GTR KR "Nismo Spec" Carbon Rear Spoiler

I understand the concept of a spoiler, and when plodding around town etc its doing nothing but making the car look nice. But I like to go on track and drive fast, so I don't want to buy something that looks nice but is going to ruin the cars balance around the track or fall off because it wasn't meant to fit on the car.

So for all those that have changed their spoiler....

1) What did you get? Any pics would be great
2) Why did you get it?
3) Did you notice any change in the cars characteristics etc?

Is there such a thing as a "performance spoiler upgrade mod" or are they all just there for cosmetics purposes?

I'm just wondering if I'm going down a dangerous road here of buying nice looking spoilers, diffusers, front splitters etc that are basically doing nothing but making the car look different

Attachments

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
This one is a bit marmite for people by the seem of things but like yourself I think the GTR cosmetically benefits from balancing at the rear.

Looked at a lot of different spoilers before settling on this, it's a chinese copy of what I think is a tommy kaira spoiler...

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a brand new Nismo spoiler that's available if you are interested. Bought it new from Nissan in 2016 and replaced it with another one. The quality of the carbon work is outstanding. I don't have the repeater brake light though as that's on my car.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
More out of sheer curiosity than anything, could you message me with what you want for the Nismo please Namor.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
I can't message you separately as functionality doesn't appear to work on my phone. From Nissan it costs £3,345 plus VAT so £4K. I would sell it for £2k. I also have full Nismo suspension (springs, dampers, anti-roll bars) ECU and standard exhaust but that's a separate discussion. I sold my Nismo seats a few mths ago. All parts are new & directly supplied by Nissan. Let me know if you or anyone you know might be interested.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I had the knightracer high level oem looking wing. Kept the OEM look but a bit more aggressive with the extra size without being over the top. The chap who bough my car has it up for sale if you were interested.

I dont think these big wings looks good unless you have other more aggressive styling to complement them.

·
Vendor
2,974 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts