GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right I have decided to change the suspension on my GTR!! just want to know which is a good set of coilovers for street use before I spend my hard earn cash!!! Main reasion I want to change the suspensio is because My car came with HKS Hiper Max and for every big bump on the road it will send my kids who seatting at the back through the roof. I have set the level to the softest but still to hard. so Last option is to change it.

What I want is a set of suspension that I can live with as the GTR is an everyday car to Work, school run and shopping etc. but I will do one or two track day a year.

so.... if you got a good set of suspension let us know... all I want is just some feedbacks on suspensions thats all. :D :thumbsup: ;)

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Nismo S-Tune
Very, very good and family friendly on the road.
Car stays very stable and usable. Also good if you do occassional track days.
No need for an chiropractor or a dentist.
I have heard good things about cusco and tein also.

·
R35 Section manager
11,164 Posts
Iv got the TEIN street suspension on my 33.The car still feels firm,but more forgiving than the JIC one I had before. Any softer than the Tein and the car will not have the control at higher speeds.

·
Registered
341 Posts
tein superstreet with edfc can stiffen it up when the Mrs aint there and soften it to keep her happy. all from the control unit.

cant go wrong:D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
please give me some est. price around ??? max I want to spend is around 700 - 1k and no more. more feed back would be nice. :D
where can I get a set of nismo s tune suspension from??

·
R35 Section manager
11,164 Posts
please give me some est. price around ??? max I want to spend is around 700 - 1k and no more. more feed back would be nice. :D
where can I get a set of nismo s tune suspension from??

No idea about the Nismo set up.But you should get the Tein one for around £850?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Iv got the TEIN street suspension on my 33.The car still feels firm,but more forgiving than the JIC one I had before. Any softer than the Tein and the car will not have the control at higher speeds.
gotta agree with treg, i have tein super street with uppermounts and am more than happy with it. to be quite honest i thought the standard suspension on my gtr was quite nice, the main reason i changed it was because of my friends going on about how much better the car would be with a tein set up.... f$ck me they were so right!!!!! you wont be disapointed mate.
mine cost me £750 i belive. that was through re-works in portsmouth.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
I guess you could speak to RB Motorsport about the Nismo stuff or alternatively go to one of the Japanese companies.

Just for reference i paid £1200 for my S-tune setup for the BNR34

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmm tein sound very tempting!! will give RB a call and see how it goes hee hee hee.
How much do you think it will worth if I sell my hyper max suspension??? so I know roughly how much extra I can play around with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts