GTR Forum banner

what the difference is between these two HKS exhaust?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  TREG 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I would like to find out what the difference is between these two HKS exhaust?

Does one sound louder than the other one?
Does one give more power than the other one?
Are these straight through or does it have a Cat built in?

HKS Hi - power 409 Muffler

HKS Hi Power Exhuast

See less See more
#2 ·
The exhausts are cat backs, so no they do not have a cat build in.

From the look of it, the 409 would be alot louder than the other as the middle silencer is a very small one, looks alot like the Blitz Nur Spec exhaust and that is a loud exhaust, but HKS should have a list of the db the exhaust make. If both are Jasma stamped they are max 93db i think, not 100% sure but its close to that.

#3 ·
There both from the cat back and the top one looks mild steel apart from the back box. Mild steel usually gives a more mellow sound but as for these 2,to power outputs I dont know what the difference if any there would be to power outputs.

I have the highpower exhaust but have had the first section and box removed and replaced with a larger straighter diameter bore as it steps up in bore size as the exhaust goes through from front to back.

#6 ·
hi mate!

should be almost the same, the only difference is the Hi Power is a full stainless steel cat back and the 409 only the rear muffler is made of stainless steel so it's cheaper (but there is another thread about exhausts where some people say that the 409 got rotten within a year).
there's also a Silent Hi Power, full stainless steel, which is said to be a little more quiet.

cheers

leo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.