GTR Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Been a passenger in the latest Twin Turbo, **** me it's the fastest car I've ever been in, GTR's need 800+ to keep up IMO.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
I've watched a few of the 888MF videos now and, unsuprisingly as he's a Porsche fan, the Porsche's always win. However, he never posts the times - easy enough to do, could use a simple App if needs be, and loads of comments to his videos ask for them - and my personal favourite of his vids is this 6 car battle:
. Guess, what, the McLaren wins its "heat" but yet doesn't make the final. Why is that do you think? Porsche wins in its absence.....I rest my case ;)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Listening to the engine note it does sound as if the GTR is short shifting and not really giving the full beans? No doubt the Porker is quick but I'd be taking my car back to the tuner if I got beat that bad from a standard one......This is of course making the assumption the Porker is also standard.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've watched a few of the 888MF videos now and, unsuprisingly as he's a Porsche fan, the Porsche's always win. However, he never posts the times - easy enough to do, could use a simple App if needs be, and loads of comments to his videos ask for them - and my personal favourite of his vids is this 6 car battle:
. Guess, what, the McLaren wins its "heat" but yet doesn't make the final. Why is that do you think? Porsche wins in its absence.....I rest my case ;)
So why was nt the McLaren in the final ? No explanation or nothing. Defniatly something fishy there (n)

·
R35 Section manager
10,918 Posts
Should of put the 35 here as well as it would of cleared up if it was genuinely was 700hp 😀

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Needs launching properly, though. Been watching way too many videos lately where supposed 4.25 GT-R's are so slow off the line. Even tuned, if you can't get this right then you have no chance up against decent competition. 4 second 0-60's and 11.2 sec quarter miles not good times for 650hp cars - not nowadays with the quality of what else is out there.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Maybe 700, but the torque will be mapped out of it to protect the gearbox. Need another 10k and a new map lol

21 - 32 of 32 Posts