GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Personally, I don't think cars like the R32 GTR should be cheaper than 8K.

Think about it, for 8K you can buy an Integra Type-R (DC2), or a R32 GTR, that doesn't make sense AT ALL!!!

But if you NEED to sell something FAST, then cheap is the way to go. Thats why you see GTR sell for 7K and DC2 sell for 5K, because they wanted a FAST sale.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I think people dont realise if you buy a cheapie then YOU WILL get probs over one which is priced higher but has had more TLC. Its not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
UK has become the dumping ground for all kinds of junk from Japan.

The cheap ones are attracting the wrong kind of clientele, making the right kind less likely to be associated with them. Nett result, free fall pricing.
It will only become cheaper and less exclusive to own a Skyline.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Well I can hope that the 'crap' Skylines will either degrade beyond repair and eventually be scrapped, or will fall into the hands of someone who invests into making them 'proper' again.

I seem to remember Miguel saying something on the lines of decent R32's for sale are becoming quite rare in Japan now as well, and for the good ones the price has even gone up a little in some cases.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah, i had a look round a car dealer the other week and they had 5 33's. A GTR (blue with calsonic stickering), GTRS, GTS-T and i didnt see the others that well, each of them was under 9K. Admittidly they weren't in the best of condition but they were all driveable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
driveable but not loveable! i mean wats the point of buying a car wen u will just need to put the money u have saved into gettin it to a standard you are completely happy with when you could saved up after purchase and done more with the car! money in the pan!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I would say that even the 33gtst's are hard to come by in good condition now - alot of them are coming over as everyone with some cash wants to own a skyline and isn't bothered about the twin turbo version either.
There are some very poor condition gtst's on the way over along with some good uns but at the end of the day any 2nd hand car is always gonna need work - one of the first bits of advice on here when picking up a skyline import is to get the service work out the way and a cambelt but theres always gonna be problems and I'm thankful theres a resource like this site about to help out or I'd be stuffed!!

·
6,821 Posts
Well guys that's the price to pay , for having the luck to ride imported supercars for bargain with a steeringwheel on th eright side for years.:chuckle:

I can can't believe the prices and amount of jap. super cars in the UK.

Outside the UK, you can easy get 6000GBP for a light tuned R32 GTST and 20000GBP for GTR32, if you can register them for the interested person in his country . . . just imagine the prices for R33 or R34.

By the way, the old crap EU-spec RX7s and Supras are costing around 20000GBP in the EU with 100000miles . . . just imaging how quick you would sale a 1998 Veilside Supra for that price . . .:)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Its sad to see but i for one once the cars finnished wont be letting mine go for peanuts regardless of the time it takes to sell it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its sad to see but i for one once the cars finnished wont be letting mine go for peanuts regardless of the time it takes to sell it.

ditto....

when its minty mint, which i aint a dreamer and know its not, and know it will take a few remortgages..lmao...

it aint going anywhere fast for less than 15k.....tuned 1993 gtr32 btw....

people who know the cars, will know what to expect for top money.....
and people that dont,..well **** em...

carl

·
Registered
498 Posts
The market is flooded with them at the moment..When I got mine 4 years ago you would hardly see any for sale but now it seems like anyone can be an importer of Jap cars and most do not have someone in Japan sourcing quality cars and they buy junk..But they can do this as so many people in the UK want to say I have a Skyline so buy said junk realise it costs a fortune to fix and have to sell for silly money hence pricing dropping down..
I had the same thing happen with my E30 M3..When I bought it they were very rare but then everyone started importing from Germany so the prices fell.I ended up losing £3k on that car when I sold it...I hope what happened with the M3 market happens to the skylines..Basically the alot M3s were shitters and broke or they were crashed..today they are rare again and if I had mine I would easily get back alot more than I paid for it..So maybe in 3 or 4 years time the prices will shoot up as not many are left...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts