GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Oh dear. Im now thinking theres going to be loads of Novas in town in a few months just spraying gas around :mad:

I do hope thats not just for show as it would really annoy me if people copy that :p

Lee

G

·
0 Posts
I saw two cars do that at santa pod. They sounded supercharged though, one was a mini. Looked very strange. I've got a video of the mini doing it on my DV cam.

·
Banned
3,561 Posts
That is Carbon Dioxide coolent valve 'blowing off' I have CO2 being fitted as I type, I'm in the middle of it actually, with an enclosed IC not that FMIC it can reduce intake temps to just above freezing, the loop on the front is the dispersion pipe, CO2 cooled intake is THE next big thing, not cheap but staggeringly effective. bit fiddly to fit, but I'm getting there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Think it has something to do with venting the NOS? What the guy above just said :p I have no idea whats so special about that stuff.

I've always thought it was funny how people go crazy over NOS here in the USA, but in Japan and Europe it's hardly ever used.

The guy that owns that car isn't doing any testing with it. So nothing happens to the car for the movie. He doesn't even know what the 0-60 times or 400meter times are :rolleyes:

Must be fast with all those high quality APC products installed :rolleyes: (if you don't know what APC is it's better you don't)

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
FM I/C and CO2

Yeah a friend of mine who was over in the states recently (Alexis) mentioned this system to me in an email. Also mentioned it can be ran with NOS ? Am also sort off considering it. Just looks a bit Halfrod'ish to me though :D .

glen

·
Banned
3,561 Posts
It does look kinda 'dumb' with an FMIC, but hidden in the side-pod of the SMIC the CO2 works better and is virtually invisible, the best bit is to shoot a bit ionto the IC just prior to a quarter run, the charge is really chilled as the CO2 lingers like a cold fart in the chamber.

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the feedback. Using CO2 for I/C cooling makes a lot of sense but as Glen said it does look a bit on the tacky side. Surely such installs can be hidden away...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Still looks like a damaged airco to me..

And the spraying device looks like those old style bathroom heaters:D

I think those guys are taking it a little to far.
Next they mount a fridge on the hood with a generator lorry behind.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
That's big in the US, it's an external NAWZ:D , injector.
Seen it a lot on American cars on the 1/4 mile, as a bit of a pre race show.

·
Banned
3,561 Posts
Draxx, i hope you don't mind my reply to your PM being made open to all as I think it might be of interest.

Some of my parts for this are from the States, but the bulk of the stuff is for FMIC use, which I think is wasteful, I believe that SMICs' get the greatest benefit from CO2, so I'm slowly piecing all the bits together including a bespoke diffuser, when I have completed this I'll post all the part numbers and where to get them on here, work has killed all my free time at the moment, so (yet again) you will have to be patient, but as always if you have time to do a bit of this stuff then don't wait for me, go for it, I like the idea of having an SMIC that performs better than a FMIC.

I'm off to find some of the invoices for what I have got from the States and will post them here as a starting point if you have the time to invest.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Go, Go, Mycroft.....This sounds just the ticket as an altrnative to a FMIC on a GTS :)

B

·
0 Posts
it's from nx nitrous sytems it's a fogger kit which through a very small tube it shoot's out nos it's very impressive and INTIMDATING especially on a skyline , this car appeared in superstreet.hehe:p

B

·
0 Posts
it's basically hooked up to the intercooler can't you see on the pic maybe that's why they call it intercooler fogger system beat's me i only have a imaginary skyline and an F14. what do i know.hehe:p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts