GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an engine rebuild recently and have added one or two bits to the car;) . How much do I need to declare to the insurance company? I obviously want to make sure I'm sufficiently covered without boosting my premium to stupid levels.

Any advice/experience would be appreciated.

Cheers in advance,

Stu

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Insurance

Ah yes the dreaded insurance monster raises it vile head once again.

I was told that there is various 'power bands' for insurance according to the % of power gain.ie.10%,11-20%etc.If my memory serves me well I think each level was +10% of overall premium or thereabouts.

Personally ,especially now that you have posted it on the web etc., about your mods I would declare more or less all of them for the sake of the additional premium,if funds allow!
You might encounter some difficulties finding a broker to quote you though for I had BIG time prob's getting my car insured with ALL the mods declared.PM me if you want more details.

Good luck mate.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Stu,

I never had to decalre the mods on my car. Although I did have the option of specifying the value of specific parts - wheels, stereo etc. The only question my insurer asked was by how much (%age) had the power of the car been increased. They then loaded the premium by an equivalent amount.

John

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which insurer?

Fuggles,

Who are you with?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Insurance Tel no

Sorry Stu.
I think I might have given you the wrong number earlier.

Try: 01733-345-761

Good Luck!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorted

Had a chat with the insurers and no worries:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts