GTR Forum banner

What to do when fast is no longer fast enough!

21K views 237 replies 28 participants last post by  scoooby slayer 
#1 ·
So having made 1101 whp but followed by an engine failure due to bad machining by CNC Heads (Ric Wood) I was forced to start again, So heres whats planned for 2020
Engine
4.1 stroker
Callies custom crank with Big Block Chevy (BBC) size big end journals
New stock block
Custom Carillo con rods with BBC pins and bearings
Custom Mahle Pistons with BBC tool steel wrist pins
ATI Super Damper
CNC ported cylinder heads
GSC Billet cams with springs
Nitrous Express GTR kit
6 X 1050 ASNU injectors
6 X 2000 ID injectors
Billet throttle bodies
Linney Billet flywheel
All ARP bolts, studs and hardware

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Turbo Kit

Option 1
Stock manifold GT3584RS
Endlesteing heat coated
3" suction pipes
BL Ti intakes with K&N filters
T1R AOS
Tial bovs
84mm downpipes
(kit is brand new for sale complete ready to bolt on, will do 1500whp on race fuel)

Option 2
Custom one off turbo kit with external gates, spec classified !!!!

Drivetrain
Dodson extreme trans with O/D 6th
All billet shift forks
Billet midplate
Billet awd plate
Linney rear Diff
Linney trans brace
Linney billet diff cover
Linney drop gears
DSS heavy duty rear shafts
Maybe Albins longer rear crown wheel
Linney billet 10 plate ETS
Linney uprated AWD shaft
Extreme 20 plate clutch
ACS/GTRP uprated FWD prop
Linney billet front diff
Quaife front ATB diff
Maybe Albins longer front crown wheel
PPL billet bearing holder

Fuel
3 X walboro 480 pumps staged and hard wired
Radeon 3 - 1 -10 adapter
Radeon -10 filter with heat sink holder
Custom fuel tank fuel hanger
Custom fuel cooler
BL fuel rails with 1050 ASNU injectors as primaries
Flex fuel
Weldon pressure reg
-10 BMRS supply line
-8 BMRS return
ASNU 3rd rail with 2000cc ID injectors
ASNU 3rd rail injector driver
N/Ex 300hp nitrous kit
Maximiser 5 controller

Cooling
PWR alloy radiator
GTRP 5.5" FMIC
CO2 Intercooler spray
Think automotive custom oil cooler 30% more efficient with cooling fan
GTRP trans cooler kit
Think auto PAS cooling rad
New AC condenser
Custom fuel cooler

Wheels
Set 1 road, DBA with Runflat tyres
Set 2 track, BBS with Nismo runflats
Set 3 strip, AMS 17" rear with various drag tyres , Enkei PF01 with 18" M&H racemasters.
Set 4 Belak beadlock drag wheels budget permitting

Body
Mainly stock
Litchfield bumper vent
Carbon splitter
Canards
Import racing wing vents
4SRC ducktail Carbon boot for street Custom pro mod style boot for drag and Vmax
Twin parachutes
Battery jump posts in rear plate recess
USA bonnet hinges

Suspension/brakes
Stock CBA shocks with DSC suspension controller custom maps for street , drag and track by Hugh Kier
DBA 380mm front discs Linney pads
Stock rear discs ferodo 1.1 pads
RBF660 fluid
Imprt racing brake stopper

Interior
Unsure final spec
Corbeau bucket seats
Import racing seat mounts
Luke Harness'
Heigo rear roll cage and harness bar

No doubt ive missed a few bits that will appear as the thread progresses , pics following of what we have already, other parts like trans are in Cheq Republic, heads Austria and mid way from the USA

Reactions: Hugh Keir
#18 ·
Come say hello at Pod, Ill give you a passenger ride but I wont be allowed to do a full pass with you in, we can let off at 1000ft and keep them happy, they wont allow over 150mph with passenger on board.

Reactions: AdrianB
#16 ·
Wipe clean been specified (passenger side) I think she will be very docile on the road being 4.1 and slightly higher compression however on race fuel and N2O she should be a beast.

#13 ·
The motor failed simply because CNC heads did not do the line bore correctly, the 2 middle main saddles were out of line, the motor failed after I lo9st a plug tip at bruntingthorpe and scored the bore, because it was almost impossible to find the cause it was put down to the scored bore and material in the oil, I had no argument to counter this so just had the second engine built, I was on a time line as were going on the B35 tour to Norway, CNC heads did not do anything to my engine as they were filming car SOS !!!! So 3 months in with weeks to go I started kicking off, the engine builder got on CNC heads back and soon had a call saying block done new liners etc, I can tell from what was said that they had purchased and fitted and machined the liners and not even checked the bottom end to see if it was even serviceable! So builder told oh we need another few days, they pick the motor up and start building, about midnite I get a call saying they cant get the clearances they want and motor going back to CNC heads and they will wait for it. Apparently they hand polished the crank to get clearances !!!!! Back to the shop and the guy laying it all out on the bench noticed something interesting, the witness marks from girdle and block from first failure were still there! So how did they re alignbore it? Anyway crank was put in clearances achieved and I picked motor up, put it in car ran it on the sat before leaving fri for Norway, we had a few teething problems and could not drive the car till weds, Dimitri put a map on it weds evening, very toned down to get some miles on the car and he would remote map as it was going across Europe.
He said do a decent pull to check the fueling and the oil pressure dicked around, I spoke to builder and we both concluded the sender was iffy, went to 4 bar and stopped dead, did 3400 miles inc that in GB in 8 days, put car on dyno and it was 675whp, we turned it up and got 1101whp @ 2.1 bar must have had over 20 pulls as a VVTI solenoid was faulty and Dimitri was asking for far more % than usual to achieve what he wanted, got back to shop and Imran next door had a solenoid so we fitted that and road mapped it to 2.6 bar the night before TOTB
First run at 1.6 bar it tripped as it went into 3 due to seeing to low a pressure vs RPM, when stripped the 2 middle main bearings were identical.
I claimed on the builders Liability insurance as their Insurance company would claim against CNC heads insurance, they had a forensic engineer (******) who looked at it but knew what to look for as I had sent videos of it being measured and a clock run over the surfaces, it then went to be measured on a machine that could be used as evidence in a court case and the problem was found to be faulty align bore and not a result of negligence of the builder (remember they cant check the align bore, the people the asked to check it are the people who did it)
I firmly believe that CNC heads never did the second align bore at all and just sent the motor back.
Oh and to add insult to injury all the liners the idiots fitted had pulled into the block so it would have hydraulic-ed anyway eventually.
So CNC heads bunch of clowns Ric Wood absolute pRic and I hope the insurance company sueing you get every penny because you dont even do the align bore you sub it out and double the price to the customer so good luck coming up with a invoice so your company can sue the people you use (name witheld) who I know exactly who they are.
So thanks to CNC heads I have been without my car for almost a total of 2 years.

#14 ·
Amazing spec John, can't wait to see it run. Feel free to message if you want to talk through fuel options.

A sad story on the engine build. This stuff isn't cheap and it always amazes me that work can be done without the apparent appropriate care being taken. 2 years is terrible, at least you're nearly back and good luck achieving your goal.

#15 ·
Well Mook once I got my head round it yes it was quite easy but I would have done it on the old forum maybe a bit easier but this way was cool once I figured it out.

Reactions: Mookistar
#19 ·
This is shaping up to be a great thread, can't wait to see how things develop dudersvr. I'm still a novice and learning about the GT-R after a year of ownership, so its great to see those who know about building quick cars share their time and knowledge going through parts choices/options, engine builds and upgrades. Hopefully you'll have time to update on how the build is going and pictures of the beast when its taking shape and then driven - that's quite some spec list!

#22 ·
ARP 190,000 psi wheel studs , were also probably going to fit a scatter shield and prop hoop to be a bit safer, scatter shield we will have to make with bellhousing on the bench at my mates fab shop, same with prop hoop, no one seems to even think of this stuff but if the prop snaps and digs in the cars going somersaulting and if the flywheel lets go that both feet gone !!! Ill post pics of these when we do them. Going to use ARP flywheel bolts

Attachments

Reactions: TREG
#30 ·
Pretty much yes or get to the final of a meet and just need an edge, first event will prob be Doorslammers at Santa Pod, I can enter 3 classes.

#31 ·
Theres not much to see just yet, shes a rolling shell but the intercooler is being made and by feb it may be worth popping down, it will stay quite stock looking and understated so apart from 2 parachutes now and again if i keep the stock intake i can tell people its a stage 4.5 !!!
There are certain parts ive listed that are wants as opposed to needs, so first priority is a running driving car so parachutes, nitrous, MY17 lights Belaks are all dependent on a sum of money im owed being repaid but that could be very soon, in which case they will be ordered right away.

#29 ·
Power?
Quite a lot, I found it better not to make any predictions just build it and run it, I will prob not reveal and power figures just performance figures, lets just say the turbo kit ihave is for sale because we think 1500whp would be coming the end of its limits.

#33 ·
No problem, she should look more like a car by then, hoping to have fuel system and trans back in then as well, at moment the fuel tank is on the floor and trans is abroad being modified

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.