GTR Forum banner
181 - 200 of 238 Posts
Discussion starter · #182 ·
Youve not met my Mrs !!! When we did eurotour she got nicked in Holland at like 100kmh over the limit :censored:

Discussion starter · #184 ·
LOL yeah i just opened my wallet and said do as you please,I though you would be polite enough to read a whole thread with all the answers to your questions rather than just jump in at the end, oh wait you have been in it from the start so you already knew the answer, 2nd post Dodson extreme with a load of other bits I specced ;) And actually the specs for motor have been bouncing between ETS, Andy and myself since before Christmas.
You see being of suspicious mind as part of my main work its almost like your trying to pick a fault with some part of the spec, all your questions are already answered in the thread and 4 posts after me saying my car will be at ACS being developed on their dyno you ask if they have a dyno??
Feel like acs and I have some sort of weird stalker but thats not so is it Rich?

Discussion starter · #186 ·
I’m trying to show interest in 1/4 mile stuff to see how it differs to road built or more focussed track specced cars.
Im a bit busy right now but ill happily got thru that tonight.

Discussion starter · #187 ·
I’m trying to show interest in 1/4 mile stuff to see how it differs to road built or more focussed track specced cars.
Obviously by keeping the car as a proper road car ie ac, sound deadening , glass etc your massively hamstringing yourself in either a track or drag setup, you would never run a full weight car in a proper competition, thats why when you see fast times they normally say full weight car etc, where we are lucky with the GTR is that it can have a good go at being a jack of all trades so to convert mine to its full on drag setup to try and run really fast times is as simple as a wheel change and slight geo change then a dedicated drag map input via Hughs DSC unit and hey presto she squats and hooks, see pic. Now where were playing with that when car is done is to see if we can transition the squat from full ass drag to putting more pressure on the fronts so they dont spin, then as the car gathers speed Hugh tightens the suspension back into a more fast road type to keep the car stable.
Keeping it full weight makes a decent 60ft harder to get and also puts far more strain on components, if it were 300kg lighter id launch it much harder.
To put it in a trackday set up again is put geo back where it is for fast road, bolt on the trackday wheels and DSC map for track, so its not just a case of just swapping wheels/tyres to go from street to track to strip, but I could drive to Pod on my street drag radials on pump and run I would say low 9's and drive home and next day on track wheels go round Brands in a reasonable time.

Attachments

Reactions: archan
Well John that had been explained so even I can understand it, thanks for taking the time to clear that up ( HOPEFULLY!!)
Really looking forward to seeing this run once all works finished, you’ve put a lot of thought and time into it ( a lot more than most people realise) I’m sure it’s going to pay off and shows the potential in these cars when it’s done properly 👍👍

Discussion starter · #190 ·
Money’s also a big aspect In Projects like this, So your having to work hard to fund the build you have on the go at the same time.
Doesnt help when you suddenly have to find £6K to repair your Bentley :unsure: Thats going to delay a couple of bits on the build, see pic of Bentley

Attachments

Discussion starter · #192 ·
Just waiting in line for machine shop now, manifold will be here soon but got some teaser pics from PPF guys Race by Design of the cars with its livery partially done

Attachments

Reactions: archan and SKNAM
Discussion starter · #197 ·
Parts incoming !!!! Overnight parts from Sweden :sneaky:
V2 12inj Intake
Billet Cam covers
Billet uprated breather system

If anyone has a moment of madness I can get you a once in a lifetime deal on any combination of that lot, you deal direct with MAD,

Attachments

Reactions: adz87kc
181 - 200 of 238 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.