GTR Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
From the link:

"Conical Valve springs and Titanium retainers keep the valve train happy up to 9800rpm and at 60psi of boost" :eek::geek:

How high / far are you going, exactly?
Boost wise definitely 3.5 bar on race fuel maybe 4 bar see how it feels 8100 on road, 8500 on track unless it gets serious then 9100 is doable, the parts we have bought hopefully have a big safety margin, the rods and Pistons and 1" toolsteel wristv pins are the same as running in a 3500hp billet drag car motor

·
Premium Member
5,698 Posts
I am wary about cavitation of the oil for high revs. Have you done anything to safe gaurd against this John? I can rev to 8500. What's needed to go to 9100rpm?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
I am wary about cavitation of the oil for high revs. Have you done anything to safe gaurd against this John? I can rev to 8500. What's needed to go to 9100rpm?
Acusump. Although the only time it will ever rev over 8500 would be for seconds in a drag race or vmax run, on a track car I would only be happy with dry sump. The baffling in the sump actually manages to reduce a lot of the frothing of oil apparently as well.

You can get a 2.8 ltr reservoir so with some inventive plumbing have between 3.5-4lts of oil at 8bar pressure ready to inject into the engine the instant pressure drops, you can also pre oil the motor before even starting so it has pressure !!!!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Because its a 4.1 with slightly higher compression we will normally set redline to 8K if we have the gears we want its still over 250mph vmax , I dont foresee it ever needing to go higher that often.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Just waiting on air freight now so we can start, should have some good pics of the pro mod bootlid were building soon. Meanwhile just picked up the sump I had baffled and pick up extended a bit, I reckon we may well be over 10 ltrs oil capacity once all done.
Just working out what chutes to put on her, because I think there will be more 1/2 mile racing we have to use 2, plus 2 looks dead cool right? But due to the weight of the car they need to be big and I was hoping for small so trying to get around that.

Attachments

41 - 49 of 49 Posts