GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

Premium Member
Wow mate it鈥檚 starting to look really good, can鈥檛 wait to see it in action 馃憤馃憤馃憤

Registered
Some stuff outbound, Intake going to be port matched to lower plenum and Throttle body intakes enlarged to 72mm
I thought about enlarging the TB intake on the plenum too to match throttle body.
Reckon there'll be enough material left on the OEM plenum after opening up to 72mm?

Registered
Discussion Starter #66
I thought about enlarging the TB intake on the plenum too to match throttle body.
Reckon there'll be enough material left on the OEM plenum after opening up to 72mm?
Yes the AT bodies are to fit stock plenum as well as aftermarket. Its tight though.

Registered
Discussion Starter #67
Just going to pick this up, had to have one of my billet sender unit holders modified to take a -10 feed and -8 return to make sure we get enough fuel to the front, yes the original may have worked but if it doesnt then its trans out to get tank out a lot of 拢拢拢 in fuel lines wasted. These are going to be made in BMRS hose by ProLine now under new ownership by an R35 owner and a very up and coming race car driver. These are IMO one of the premier hoses available and they almost stack up to the size above so a -8 is almost same internal size as some -10's , hopefully fuel system will be underway next week.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #68
Damn I hate waiting on parts from the USA !!! Picked this up yesterday, 3 X 480 walboro

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #69
So fuel basket almost done, -6 converters fitted to walboro 480 pumps

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #70
Heads are done just waiting for cams, trans being done next week, not long now.

Registered
Discussion Starter #71
So, stuff has arrived, GSC Billet cams, 1mm over valves and lightweight srings with Ti retainers and new guides

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #72
Mahle custom pistons and Carrillo custom rods with BBC tool steel wrist pins, Carrillo and mahle will not sell you these, they have to come via ETS

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #73
Callies custom crank with BBC size big ends, Callies balanced the whole rotating assembly and then forwarded to AC Speedtech after superfinishing it.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #75
Now where the extra strength comes in, look at the overlap of the big end and main journals from Crower to Callies

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #76
Dimitri has stripped my trans and a few bits getting replaced, 2014 syncros and engagement rings, all billet forks and shafts and billet awd retainer and midplate.
Turbos should be interesting we anticipate over 900hp per turbo before they start to become a bit inefficient

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #77
So, safety!!! 6 egt probes inbound from Australia plus control box to monitor all 6 cylinders and Turbo shaft speed sensors going in, just got these funky Turbo exhaust pressure sensors with remote mounting kit.
All monitored as well as fuel pressure and oil pressure and temp and coolant pressure.

Attachments

Registered
Wow! I was all excited looking at basic upgrade parts, seeing this is a different story :D I'm sure you'll feel the difference if you go up by 400hp! Good luck ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter #79
Wow! I was all excited looking at basic upgrade parts, seeing this is a different story :D I'm sure you'll feel the difference if you go up by 400hp! Good luck ;)
Were looking to go up by a little more than 400 hp! Unless you mean per turbo !!!!!

61 - 80 of 88 Posts