GTR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Jeezaahs! Please let me know when you're done and take me for a ride, I've never been on a land to land missile before :LOL:
LOL we reckon the turbos will easily do 950 each BUT we hope to do what we want with less power say 1450-1500whp on race fuel, but its nice to have a bit in reserve, once the car has run certain times Ill turn it down a tad unless its a special occasion or its just going to be a problem, on the street it would normally run say 1000whp but could make 1300 if needed and IF it could be put down, our biggest problem was speccing a turbo to allow low boost but be nice to drive and decent on track. Cams are being installed in heads and trans going back together, fuel system going back in later this week.

·
Registered
58 Posts
LOL we reckon the turbos will easily do 950 each BUT we hope to do what we want with less power say 1450-1500whp on race fuel, but its nice to have a bit in reserve, once the car has run certain times Ill turn it down a tad unless its a special occasion or its just going to be a problem, on the street it would normally run say 1000whp but could make 1300 if needed and IF it could be put down, our biggest problem was speccing a turbo to allow low boost but be nice to drive and decent on track. Cams are being installed in heads and trans going back together, fuel system going back in later this week.
I would be interested to see how it performs on track? It's gonna have more power than the Litchfield time attack GTR that's gonna attempt a record run later this year at the Nurburgring..

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I would be interested to see how it performs on track? It's gonna have more power than the Litchfield time attack GTR that's gonna attempt a record run later this year at the Nurburgring..
Im no track day king mate, I get round ok but I do 3-4 charity days a year, I go as the black stig my pal is the white stig (hes actually done some tv stuff) so we both get along ok but Ill not be trying to break any records, my best round brands Indy is 52 secs on Bridgestones as long as I can get near that we will have achieved the aim. We are trying to build the car to hit 3 targets so Ill see how close we get,like they say better to aim high and miss than aim low and hit !!!

Picture for interest, Childrens Trust weekend at Dunsfold with Phil Tufnell. Weekend now moved to Goodwood
Brands Hatch Not Forgotten for the wounded veterans

Attachments

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Cars also booked to do a tour of Italy in July with 19 other GTR's

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice one mate, what other tracks do you go to?
I personally haven't done any track days yet with the GT-R, only VMAX200 next month :)

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Done Dunsfold, Goodwood, Rockingham, Brands Indy and GP in the GTR lots of others on bikes.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Just waiting on heads to arrive now and the motor will be put together, turbo manifolds are almost finished but we got trans on its way back from Czech republic, Dimitri and Radek built it and it should hold together for what we want to do. Dimitri stopping off next week to map a couple of cars and drop a couple of small parts off so all good.
Trans is dodson extreme upgraded with all billet forks and shafts, billet midplate and billet 4wd retaining plate and billet ets

Attachments

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Also big thanks to Simon and Josh at Proline hoses for sorting the start of my fuel system with BMRS gold hose, this whole basket has to be assembled in the tank through a small hole !!! Not fun but hey ho

Attachments

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Now im getting really impatient! Trans is on its way from Czech Rep, heads on way from Austria and stuff is piling up. Also got my billet Nitrous bottle holder and Ti dress up parts, rad caps, PAS, dipstick and oil filler cap.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Fitted MY17 ac rad, uprated PAS cooler and the WTFIC, thats a tight fit but goes in on stock mounts with no cutting needed

Attachments

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I had no idea that external stuff existed.
Does it work and last against the crap that's spread on UK roads?
Have you ever tried to remove it? 90% of it is covered by trans and fuel tank, only the tunnel is exposed, I reckon it will be fine, I also filled the cross members up with expanding foam.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Have you ever tried to remove it? 90% of it is covered by trans and fuel tank, only the tunnel is exposed, I reckon it will be fine, I also filled the cross members up with expanding foam.
Fair point.
It's a c**t to remove even with a heat gun.

Never thought of stick the stuff under the car; only ever see it inside.
Good job :)

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
So heads arrived and Andy is very impressed, now at ACS but lockdown will massively slow the build now !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Almost finished running the jumper leads for Battery, getting everything just so takes soooo long, like the box section around the tunnel, would have looked gash wrapped around it so what the hell go through it, will do same with NOS line thats being made now.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 102 Posts