GTR Forum banner
161 - 180 of 238 Posts
Discussion starter · #162 ·
Impressive build , I love reading this thread, great respect !!
Thanks guys but ill tell you sure as eggs is eggs when this car does what we know it should do there will be the normal butt hurt comments, normally from other platforms saying ah its not a real road car, its just a race car with an MOT etc, I intend to use it as a normal car as in going to meets etc, I wont be driving the 3 miles to work in it! Why? because the engines have to be warmed right up and run not just stopped and started etc, but we intend to a euro trip etc in it. So when they say its not a real road car direct them here and ask what race car has sound deadening in the doors, thst drivers door I did tuesday as it was last to need doing and I sold the door mirror so had to remove it before sending car for ppf.

Attachments

Reactions: shazada
Discussion starter · #163 ·
This is on a different level, insane, love it! John think I'm about 20 mins down the road from you, please let us know when it's finished, would love to take a look at this monster in the flesh! MGS
No problem, it may be a while before its back here as it will undergo a lot of development at ACS on their dyno. But Ive got a sign to put above the shop :devilish: No point in just looking round it Ill take you down the road in it !!!

Attachments

Reactions: SKNAM
Very cool road race machine. As long as it's got an MOT it's still a road car but with massive track and drag capabilities. Not a fan of straight line only or arriving on a trailer. This is the best type of car!

Discussion starter · #165 ·
Very cool road race machine. As long as it's got an MOT it's still a road car but with massive track and drag capabilities. Not a fan of straight line only or arriving on a trailer. This is the best type of car!
:sneaky:Theres a difference between choosing to arrive with it on a trailer and having to take it on one, when I run at pod for fun on pump ill just drive up and run it on the drag radials when its on slicks with drag geo etc its just not practical to drive it there, car will be doing plenty of track days to be sure still. Still got full ac, stereo etc, might even fit a tow ball just to drag a trailer tent to pod!

No problem, it may be a while before its back here as it will undergo a lot of development at ACS on their dyno. But Ive got a sign to put above the shop :devilish: No point in just looking round it Ill take you down the road in it !!!
People will always say negative things but whatever someone's opinion is there's no denying the sheer level of effort to achieve something of this level, hats of to you sir. Kind of scared to get in it, firstly from the fact that it might rip my face off and secondly it might prompt the itch to do more work on mine!

Discussion starter · #167 ·
Well anything over 1200whp does make you sit up and take notice:devilish:

Discussion starter · #169 ·
LOL been there done that :eek: when the chutes on and its on the road always have a tiny padlock but my chute will be gas ejected so unless it arms it wont go anywhere. When your trying for max power runs the chance of breaking something is pretty real.

Well anything over 1200whp does make you sit up and take notice:devilish:
Now that comment just shows how you get used to power :eek:
People have always said to me im never happy with a power level,but having taken mine for a blast yesterday with just a mere 740hp im thinking just what the hell must a 1000hp feel like !! Then 1200whp is a complete new level again. Must take your breathe away ….Great respect for such an intense build though (y)

Discussion starter · #171 ·
Now that comment just shows how you get used to power :eek:
People have always said to me im never happy with a power level,but having taken mine for a blast yesterday with just a mere 740hp im thinking just what the hell must a 1000hp feel like !! Then 1200whp is a complete new level again. Must take your breathe away ….Great respect for such an intense build though (y)
Stuff happens real quick, its like jumping on a fast bike after winter lay off you have to re configure your brain to how fast things happen.

Discussion starter · #172 ·
Will be interesting to see what we can make on pump but thats just for bragging rights, its almost impossible to put much more than 1200 down in road trim but on a dyno we dont mind pushing to get figures and test the Intercooler efficiency and intake as my deal with MAD Sweden includes getting data for them. When you get in a real high power GTR the thing that shocks is the way it will still have you pinned in the seat at 180+ mph like a 800hp car in 2 or 3.

Discussion starter · #174 ·
Do Ac speedtech have engine,chassis dyno or both, I’ve not been in there current building?
I would imagine if they were to buy a dyno it would be the same as the big 3 in the usa , as in a mainline that holds 3500hp and 5000ft lbs torque, no more bullshit runs with low load !!!! And of course if they had one it would be in a purpose built cell in a large unit !!! Thats IF they were to have a dyno :unsure:

Discussion starter · #176 ·
So I’ll take it‘s a no they don’t have either.
Correct they dont have an engine dyno or a chassis dyno (useless for tuning anything properly over 1200hp) :unsure:

,No problem, it may be a while before its back here as it will undergo a lot of development at ACS on their dyno. ';)

Discussion starter · #178 · (Edited)
With all this power what spec is the box going to be?
Its in the thread! Why dont you read it from page one any questions you still have then you can ask me or ACS.

Every thing youve asked in the last few posts is in the first 2 posts of this thread, apart from
My starsign LEO
Hair colour Browny Grey
Fav film Gladiator
Fav meal One I dont pay for
Build Muscular
Eye colour Blue

Reactions: archan and Luke
What’s your starsi....... ah never mind, you’ve already put it :ROFLMAO:
Looks like you’re going to rocket out of this lockdown, literally. This is going to be an insane motor. And the fact it’ll have an MOT is nuts

Discussion starter · #180 ·
What’s your starsi....... ah never mind, you’ve already put it :ROFLMAO:
Looks like you’re going to rocket out of this lockdown, literally. This is going to be an insane motor. And the fact it’ll have an MOT is nuts
My Mrs drives it !!! A car like this can be as mild mannered as you like.

161 - 180 of 238 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.