GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a change of car, but im in a quandary, do I keep my immaculate 650+ bhp r33, and upgrade it further, maybe go up to 800bhp, put a big brake kit on etc, or go and buy a lovely r34 gtr, ive always craved one, again it would have to be 650bhp, another option is a r35 gtr, with a stage 4 conversion, but then again, ive got a ferrari itch that ive had all my life, I could only afford the f360 though, but I understand that the manual one is not too bad a car.
The worst part would be letting mine go, all the hassle of selling mine, tyre kickers saying you can buy a 33 for £7k, I would want over 20k for mine, because it is a very good car, I would never break it up, its too nice, ive spoke to dave W and Rod bell, both have said its worth the money, Rb 28 '5 turbos etc, assuming I get what I want for mine, I will be in a position to spend £40k on a car.
opinions please guys.

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
It's a difficult one as there will be so few people who can see the value of your car and it could take a long time to sell. Have you driven an R35 yet? I sold mine back in October last year and haven't really missed it to be honest. The only thing I can see myself getting back into is an R32 for hacking about on track or an R34 as a weekender but the dilemma is finding the right one. There are a couple I would consider but we'll have to see how funds are in the coming months. The reason I ask about the R35 is that they do lack the involvement that you will be used to with your car and you may find it a little soulless. Only you will be able to make the final decision.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave wilkins said at that nissan show that the 35 felt "slow" even though they aren't, I know that I would need a tuned one to satisfy the thrill of what I have now, you have seen my car and know how clean it is, but it is a mither selling it, the texts I got when I sold my old one were silly, to be honest my preference is for a high power r34, ive not advertised mine yet. I love the ferrari too, theres one for sale in stoke, so I think I'll be going to see that, and maybe drive a 35 too. Thanks tazzmaxx.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
An r34 would be a safe investment. An r35 would most likely loose money. Dont underestimate Ferrari running costs. I have a friend how had a mint 360 and he spent several thousand a year on maintaining it, plus more for things clutches. This was a low mileage roadcar.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An r34 would be a safe investment. An r35 would most likely loose money. Dont underestimate Ferrari running costs. I have a friend how had a mint 360 and he spent several thousand a year on maintaining it, plus more for things clutches. This was a low mileage roadcar.
Thanks mate, yes ive read about weak clutches on them, my preference would be for a nice r34, but it would need to be mint, it would be very well looked after, so probably would be a investment, ive also read that the ferrari needs to be a manual version, selling mine would be the worst part, seeing someone drive off in it would be hard to take.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Keep the car as you would never get 20k for it and you will be giving someone a massive bargain. Dean Kenny flirted with a Lambo and returned back to keeping the GTR very easy to think grass is green on the other side. R34 is a good investment as long as you don't bastardise it and R35 just doesn't do it it lacks that edge and to me it's a very muted car.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Point is mate we spend thousands on our cars for personal enjoyment and you will never get back anything near what the cost of a car would be with all mods done to it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
spend the money making the 33 even better, eg, R34 seats, full retrim including dash, LOADS of nismo parts, lots of carbon etc.

what about a nut and bold rebuild...

neil.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Goghat, other than making your own car faster there's not much you can do to make it look nicer. Agree with FRRACER, if you want 20k for it, it will be up for sale for as long as "a beaut"
But you won't know until you advertise it

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
spend the money making the 33 even better, eg, R34 seats, full retrim including dash, LOADS of nismo parts, lots of carbon etc.

what about a nut and bold rebuild...

neil.
The car already has a re trimmed interior,and is like new everywhere, underneath you can eat your dinner of it, detailed engine bay, etc, only needs a big brake kit to be perfect, which I will do if I keep it, I could add more carbon, a rear defuser, bonnet etc.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Keep the Skyline

Hi, I think you should definitely keep the 33. You see Ferrari's a lot more than you do Skyline's and besides, by the sounds of things you seem to have spent a load of time and money getting yours to where it is now and that makes it personal to you.
Matt

·
Registered
448 Posts
Keep the car as you would never get 20k for it and you will be giving someone a massive bargain. Dean Kenny flirted with a Lambo and returned back to keeping the GTR very easy to think grass is green on the other side. R34 is a good investment as long as you don't bastardise it and R35 just doesn't do it it lacks that edge and to me it's a very muted car.
One sold not long ago with the asking price of 20k, don't know the final price but for your car I'd say its worth it.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/259153-red-33gtr-big-spec.html#post2726425

·
Premium Member
6,280 Posts
Your car is always going to be a long sell, I would say stick it up at the money you need/want for it and see if you get any nibbles.

then when you have money in the bank you will be in a position to decide what direction to go in next. For my money on a second car I would say got for the R34 I think it is a better buy than the 360 and if you look after it the way you have looked after the 33 it will not lose much money over time.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The r34 is at the top of my hit list, the problem I have, is, finding one as good as my 33, is it worth another 20k to get a mint 34 , I wouldn't want crazy power, 650 bhp is fast enough on our roads, but it would be harder trying to find a truly clean 34, I could find plenty of nice 35's maybe nice 360's, but a super clean 34's are not that easy to find, I've seen rusty strut topped 34's, boots falling out etc, a truly rust free one? Maybe I will have to import one, and it would be a lot of money. There was a pole on here, would you buy a 600 bhp 33 or a standard 34, I would need 600 bhp 34 to satisfy my need. Plus selling mine is depressing.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
The r34 is at the top of my hit list, the problem I have, is, finding one as good as my 33, is it worth another 20k to get a mint 34 , I wouldn't want crazy power, 650 bhp is fast enough on our roads, but it would be harder trying to find a truly clean 34, I could find plenty of nice 35's maybe nice 360's, but a super clean 34's are not that easy to find, I've seen rusty strut topped 34's, boots falling out etc, a truly rust free one? Maybe I will have to import one, and it would be a lot of money. There was a pole on here, would you buy a 600 bhp 33 or a standard 34, I would need 600 bhp 34 to satisfy my need. Plus selling mine is depressing.
You have one if the most complete gtrs going, it's a great looking car and I don't see a 34 being any better other than a more modern dash and slightly better looks. Why not do a front end 34 conversion ? I've seen a black one and imo it looked fantastic. It just worked so well

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You have one if the most complete gtrs going, it's a great looking car and I don't see a 34 being any better other than a more modern dash and slightly better looks. Why not do a front end 34 conversion ? I've seen a black one and imo it looked fantastic. It just worked so well
I would buy a similar spec'd r34, but I really don't want the tyre kickers, unless someone actually came and saw it in the flesh, it's just another £7k r33

1 - 20 of 36 Posts