GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What to expect? impatient member requiring help & support lol

has anyone had a "good 600 BHP" build done by RB Motorsport?

if so, what actual power and torque did you see from it?

i am having a full blown bottom end rebuild with a fair few "extras" to add a little "zest" shall we say lol :D

its currently stage 1 and approx 430 bhp and i am just too impatient to find out what it will be like with "a GOOD 600 BHP"

i am also undecided wheather or not to have the hicas locked out as it now and then has a little wobbler which can be scary.

its having 2860-5 tubbies
turbo elbows
Forged pistons & rebore (0.5)
Dynamically balanced crank & clutch
Conrods
AFM's
750cc injectors
Fuel pump
Paddle clutch
N1 oil pump
sump baffle
and a few other bits n bobs......

it currently has:

Tein coilovers
Nismo oil cooler
Trust oil thermostat
ARC intercooler
HKS hyper muffler full exhaust inc de-cat
HKS down pipes
Blitz dump valves
Blitz induction
Tomei fuel pressure regulator
Tomei cams
OS Giken cam pulleys (adjustable)
Splitfire coil packs
Trust iridium spark plugs
Trust Kevlar timing belt
Apexi power FC inc hand commander
Greddy stainless turbo pipe
DBA slotted disks all round
Ferodo DS2500 pads all round

so..... what do you all think? good spec? power expected? :blahblah:

please help as i cant bare to wait lol :D

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on, dont tease lol

someone must have some idea on what to expect?

·
Registered
321 Posts
My car has a Rod Bell engine, same turbos running 1.4 bar but with 650cc injectors.
Also N1 oil pump,
Tomei rod bolts
N1 big end bearings
Nissan main bearings
Tomei 1.2mm h/gasket kit
Trust kevlar timng belt
Trust iridium plugs
Block skim and crank balance
Tomei forged piston set +RINGS
Nissan crank dowel and bush
Rebore to 87.5mm.

The power was estimated at 600bhp, so trust his opionion.
It is really quick, and because I live in Germany no SPEED LIMITS. I do have fun playing with all the baby 600 sports bikes :D and stand pretty well with the 1 litre bikes
I had a stage 3a 200sx S14 that had 378bhp, it was just too unpredictable. This is so much smoother and quicker!!!! Only thing I will be fitting is my Accusump, and thats just for peace of mind.
Andy

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My car has a Rod Bell engine, same turbos running 1.4 bar but with 650cc injectors.
Also N1 oil pump,
Tomei rod bolts
N1 big end bearings
Nissan main bearings
Tomei 1.2mm h/gasket kit
Trust kevlar timng belt
Trust iridium plugs
Block skim and crank balance
Tomei forged piston set +RINGS
Nissan crank dowel and bush
Rebore to 87.5mm.

The power was estimated at 600bhp, so trust his opionion.
It is really quick, and because I live in Germany no SPEED LIMITS. I do have fun playing with all the baby 600 sports bikes :D and stand pretty well with the 1 litre bikes
I had a stage 3a 200sx S14 that had 378bhp, it was just too unpredictable. This is so much smoother and quicker!!!! Only thing I will be fitting is my Accusump, and thats just for peace of mind.
Andy
cheers for the reply mate

to be fair there aint many bikes that can keep up with 430bhp......:D

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I am sure it will be great,600bhp is a lot for road use.I used to want loads of power but sometimes when you actually have it you realise how pointless it can be on rubbish british roads.
Then you start thinking about spending a load more making it a track car :chairshot
Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
321 Posts
cheers for the reply mate

to be fair there aint many bikes that can keep up with 430bhp......:D
LOL, I upset one biker so much he ignored me when we got off the Autobahn. We were sat at the light for a couple of mins, and he just stared in front, wouldnt look at me:D
As for the oilpumps the Tomei is expensive £900 I think compared to £220ish. The N1 good but there have been some failures in the past, so has put some owners off. I think the best is talk to Rod himself, and have a search around on the forums like here and skyline down under etc.
Also believe there hasnt been any failures with Tomie unlike the JUN pumps.

·
Registered
26,155 Posts
TOMEI is the gold standard of oil pumps theres been loads posted up on different pumps

you only buy one

just buy a tomei

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i will look into the oil pump.... never thought that part was an issue really, just thought an oil pump was an oil pump lol

Anyway................... what do you think to the spec & expected performance will be (disregarding the oil pump) :p

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I would recomend a ATI crank damper also if your going to push the revs. The difference between 400 and 600bhp is massive but unfortunatly you will get used to it and want more :D Good luck with the build mate

Smokey :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
As said before 600 is f***** quick................................ untill you get used to it.

Then its still f***** quick but you dont think it is anymore and that can sometimes be a problem.

My stagea is similar spec with tomei cams and I took it back to TR Racing twice in the first few months cos I thought it was running a lot slower . (it wasnt of course)

I have found that a decent launch every now and again reminds me that it is still as quick as the first time put my foot down and went WTF.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Around 600 BHP

If it's an RB build - you can't go wrong !! ;)

As for 600 bhp - its bloody quick, but as mentioned - you (& anyone else into tuned GTR's ) wil get used to it :thumbsup:

Regarding the pump - i'm sure if you want a Tomei, RB will supply it

Bet you can't wait :p

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
As said before 600 is f***** quick................................ untill you get used to it.

Then its still f***** quick but you dont think it is anymore and that can sometimes be a problem.

My stagea is similar spec with tomei cams and I took it back to TR Racing twice in the first few months cos I thought it was running a lot slower . (it wasnt of course)

I have found that a decent launch every now and again reminds me that it is still as quick as the first time put my foot down and went WTF.
Now you are disappointing me. When mine will be at that hp i will drive it once a week so i dont get used to it then, is that going to work?:(

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Please dont get me wrong fitting a forged engine was easily the best thing I have done to the car bar none and Im sure you wont regret it for a moment.

And
you certainly wont be dissapointed the first time you use all the power thats for sure.

And
For a month or so your smile will probably go twice round your head. So much so that I am sure driving it once a week will not be an option .

But
Power is addictive - and like most addictions you get used to it and always want more

Its just the way it is .

·
Registered
798 Posts
You will be running pretty much identical set up to me..i have the trust oil pump,baffled and extended sump and ati harmonic damper and my cams are tomei..other then that its the same.

I had 435 fly before ,i now have 602 fly with 485ft lbs torque at 1.4kg on 95 octane.Engine from rk tuning,got most of my parts off RB motorsport(richie,steve,john rod all absolute gentlemen and excellent at what they do) and mapped by Robbie at tdp on hes dynapack in wicklow ireland.

All i can say is what a result.The difference is vast..overwhelming almost for the first few weeks.sick power..nuts!You will be smiling from ear to ear.. i will post up my old and new dyno sheets later to show the difference..you will see how agressivly the power comes on in the new engine compared to the old etc..

1 - 20 of 48 Posts