GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Due to stupid police, I'm swapping my cat-back for the original OEM GTR cat-back. I know I will be loosing some power and agressive sound with the OEM cat-back.

What can I swap/upgrade to my setup to get back my lost power and sound? I'm thinking about getting a GLUTTED cat.
Anything else?

Thanks!

My mechanician told me about an electric valve with a Y piping, when on the track could help my performance. what do you think? is it worth 300$ ?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Why do you have to swap it back. If it is due to noise levels then there are many ways of getting around this without loosing the exhaust.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Just get a decent exhaust with 2 boxes instead off one. They aren't that loud at all and don't loose massive horsepower like the stocker!
I have an exhaust like your RSR and took it back off in 2 days due to it being to f*cking loud! :chairshot
Just get something else and you'll be fine for the boys in blue ;)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why do you have to swap it back. If it is due to noise levels then there are many ways of getting around this without loosing the exhaust.
Okay the problem in canada is that we can't swap an exhaust component that don't respect the OEM spec. 95% of the cars made are not STRAIGHT-PIPE ( or free-flow). There's so many sh*tvic out there with aftermarket racing exhaust that any police officer use a tape to measure how long his tape goes into the exhaust before hitting something. So, if his tape goes throught the whole cat-back, he will think i'm not legal because it's not normal to be straight-pipe.

I KNOW the OEM BNR cat-back is straight-pipe but these morons can't understand this fact. this is why I want to swap it for a OEM.

Sound/DB is also an issue but police officer don't have dm meter in their car to measure how loud is my GTR, so I don't care about sound because I know it's impossible to get a ticket for DB because they can't prove it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts