GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!

I´m looking for a 700hp capable turbo, i have a GT3582R now with a .63a/r housing (yeah i know it´s way to small) which runs at 1.5bars. I don´t know the english word for it, but the exhaust pressure (before the turbine) get´s very high when passing 7000rpm and also the exhaust temperature so it´s not a high rpm friendly turbine housing.

So i´m about to buy a Garrett T04R/T67 and wonder what turbine housing i should pick, there´s .70, .84 and 1.00a/r housings available. The car will mainly be used on streets with a few trackdays.

What would make sense on my RB26 is that it runs and will continue doing with Tomei Poncams 9.15/260 in/ex, and is 2.7l.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Why not try the 1.06 housing for the GT3582R? The 0.63 is very small.

T67/T04R are old technology turbo's now, so you are going backwards. They will give more power high up, but spool will be poor in comparison.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i had a half hour talk with a Swedish turbo expert.

The case is that my GT3582R core has broken down, he told me that it´s not repairable because the whole core needs to be changed, leaving only my old turbine and compressor housing left. The core was very expensive.. He also told me what you say, it´s old technology.

Either it´s a new GT3582R with a larger Turbine as you say, or i´ll have myself a Garrett GT4088, either .85 or .95 turbine housing.

hmm.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
OK, so your options are a new GT35R, but perhaps with the 1.06ar EH. and GT4088R???

If your goal is 700 and nothing less, then the GT4088R is the only option. For a track car and 260 cams I would go 0.85.

However as you weren't using up the GT35R's full capability previously, you would get more bhp than you had before, and good responce from another one of those with the bigger EH. Max power would be more like 650 tops though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts