GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right as you all know, I have bought this GTS4....

It is the RB20 DET unit, with the single ceramic blower, what turbo will replace this, as trying to find info is like plating snot!!

Any of you guys n gals got any ideas?

Will a single GTR replacement fit??

I Dunno, help me....

Si

PS PLEASE:D

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm figuring to fit an HKS front mount intercooler, an HKS Super Fiter, not the induction model, and a replacement turbo, I dont want wacking amount of mods or horses, just a bit of modding for now.

Not bothered about fitting a massively bigger capacity turbo though, just heard that the ceramic can go wrong, and as it happened on my 200sx and took the engine with it, i am very wary of turbos.....:eek:

Si

·
Registered
389 Posts
Std turbo on the rb20 is good for 270hp if that's enough there is not need for you tochange it unless your wary about the ceramic wheel, I've run mine at 1 bar with no probs as they do in JPN.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are the ceramics pretty safe then, mines done 100000ks now, and I'm a bit wary about the mileage it's done......

·
Registered
389 Posts
Problems only occur with overspeeding of the turbine wheel, don't exceed 1 bar or your asking for trouble.
If 270 bhp is ok for you why change it ? it's roller bearing after all !!
Spend your money on an exhaust system and front pipe, Air Filter,
and boost controller, you can set it at .9bar and forget it.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
uuuuuuumjmmmmm......

r u goin Gaydon, If so we can talk some more, cause you know more than me and I can leach youre brain.....

Cheers G sport:D :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts