GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so some of you will know im probably going to have to put new turbos on my R33:bawling:

So my question is what turbo's would people suggest?

I want direct bolt on's and want to stay at the same bhp (400ish) im going for ultimate reliabillity so what would you get??

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I heard R34gtr ones are tops mate if you can source a pair - direct bolt on - spool a bit quicker and good for (I think) 1.1bar - they'll hold you at 400bhp nicely and should be reliable too :)

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard R34gtr ones are tops mate if you can source a pair - direct bolt on - spool a bit quicker and good for (I think) 1.1bar - they'll hold you at 400bhp nicely and should be reliable too :)
i was planning the same but after talking to Rod @ rb i think im going a different route now, he did tell me what the turbo's he suggested where called but i cant remember at present

2510's i think could be wrong though

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
thats the other ones I were thinking of lol - hks 2510 - I hear they only do abou 350bhp on their own but on gtr twinned up they're good for 500bhp so expect a power increase :)

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
it depends on what you are looking for really.

The standard turbo are quite reliable... maybe even more reliable than the ball-bearing GT Turbo. But their performance won't be as good.

For what you are looking for, I think the standard R34 GTR turbo will be the best bet.
Otherwise, you can look at the 2860-7 (same as GT-SS?)...

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think im going to go with the 2510's as im not looking for big power as i said in the first post im happy at 400bhp and i want reliability

so next question how much will a pair of 2510's set me back??

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,193 Posts
If 400bhp is your goal then this is possible with the stock units. Running about 1bar should see 400 at the crank.

Have you considered having the stock units reworked, steel cores etc etc. If done properly they should be as good as new and a fair bit cheaper.

·
Registered
6 Posts
turbos???

am wantin to remove the turbo lag from my R33 GTR one of the things to do i have found to do is to put a hybrid turbo (x 2) instead of the standard ones that are fitted just wanted to know what you all think and do you have any advice for us?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If 400bhp is your goal then this is possible with the stock units. Running about 1bar should see 400 at the crank.

Have you considered having the stock units reworked, steel cores etc etc. If done properly they should be as good as new and a fair bit cheaper.
im already at 400bhp i want to make her as reliable as posible hence putting brand new turbo's on her instead of recon's just for peace of mind

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
am wantin to remove the turbo lag from my R33 GTR one of the things to do i have found to do is to put a hybrid turbo (x 2) instead of the standard ones that are fitted just wanted to know what you all think and do you have any advice for us?
Are you taking the piss mate ?

·
Registered
386 Posts
i think im going to go with the 2510's as im not looking for big power as i said in the first post im happy at 400bhp and i want reliability

so next question how much will a pair of 2510's set me back??
GT2510's will be significantly more than a set of Garrett GT2860R's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts