GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does anyone know what tyre pressure 265/35R18 Eagle F1's should be run at on a R33 GT-R? I keep finding different info ;

Some peeps on the GTROC = 34psi/32psi (front/rear)
MyTyres (where I bought the tyres from) = 44psi !!

I was using 30psi on my old set but managed to split the sidewalls so I guess the pressure should really be higher.

Thanks for any info you can give,

CharlieM

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just spoke to Goodyear UK and they advise using the pressure quoted in the handbook +/- 10% (regardless of tyre size, profile, spec etc.)

CharlieM

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I run 32 allround, and up it to 34 in winter for road use. Track days you want to aim for about 38 with a hot tyre. Of course these figures are ballpark and what works for me personally.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
PSI, correct? My mechanic inflated my tires to 42psi cold...a bit too much??

·
Registered
227 Posts
Toyo advised me 34 to 36 on my 255 x 40 x 18's

A rule of thumb is the max pressure less 10%, but beware, there are usually two pressures quoted on tyres, the most prominent one appears to refer to the max load carrying capacity, it's not that one, the other is usually in the smaller text and refers to inflation pressure. On my Toyo's for example the prominent max load one is 50psi, whilst the working pressure max in smaller print is 40.

So, 40psi less 10% is around 36, which is superb on handling etc but a little hard for me, so I run at 34 to 35 and it's excellent.

Aitch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts