GTR Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
I have used them in previous incarnations sportcontact 5 I believe and only issue was the wear rate it was like 50% or more quicker wearing. Still was better than dunlops. Grip and feel was similar. So I would be interested to see if they last the same. If they do then you will be fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have used them in previous incarnations sportcontact 5 I believe and only issue was the wear rate it was like 50% or more quicker wearing. Still was better than dunlops. Grip and feel was similar. So I would be interested to see if they last the same. If they do then you will be fine.
Well I’m coming off a new set of Dunlops which have lasted just under 5k for the rears so a better wear rate will be appreciated , plus I’m looking forward to the improved wet weather grip the new SP7 ‘s claimed to have !

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just put a set of Cup 2s on and very impressed with the grip. Previously had MP4s on and although perfectly legal the car felt wallowy and the car would lose traction in just about all gears. Cups 2 s on and braking/handling and grip is transformed

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Cup 2s in the wet and rain? What power you got on your car. I’m running 1000bhp and over 800 torque no traction issues on mp4s so genuinely want to know why you losing traction in all gears. I hardly even lose it in 1st and second on a launch (1.4 and 1.5s 60 ft).

However having someone test the sportcontact 7 is good as another option. It seems to be beating most brands all round.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Cup 2s in the wet and rain? What power you got on your car. I’m running 1000bhp and over 800 torque no traction issues on mp4s so genuinely want to know why you losing traction in all gears. I hardly even lose it in 1st and second on a launch (1.4 and 1.5s 60 ft).

However having someone test the sportcontact 7 is good as another option. It seems to be beating most brands all round.
1018 hp and just under 800 torque.
Sorry should of said the tyres were apparently old,so the walls were obviously weak,they were on the car when i bought it. 3 rd pull and it was all over the road! Cup 2 s fitted and grips in 2nd and pulls straight

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I find the rears last longer than the fronts. How did you find the Dunlops compared to the Avons you had?
🤦‍♂️WTAF !!! Why I put Avons in a earlier reply god only knows !!! The car came with new DUNLOPS and 5k later this is its first tyre change.

Only Avon tyres I’ve had where on motorbikes probably 20 years or more ago 😬

21 - 27 of 27 Posts