GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right its that time again where I need all four tyres

At the moment my car is wearing Bridgestone S-02 PP's all round. After enquiring about them recently, they seem to have stopped doing them and replaced them with the S-03.

I haven't heard good reviews about the S-03. They didn't fare to well in the recent EVO tyre test coming 7/8. Also heard from a few people that they wear quicker than the S-02's.

Thus I have shortlisted three tyres, which are: -

Bridgestone S-03
Goodyear F1 Eagle GSD-3
Toyo Proxes T1-S

If anyone out there is running any of the above I would like to hear your opinions and any recommendations.

If anyone else can recommend anything else it would be much appreciated. Anything considered

Many thanks and any info on where to get cheap prices would also be great.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Tyresq

Get Yokohama AVS.

They are used by:

Ged, Glen, Henry, me and others - we all love 'em.

Good grip, great looking pattern and no more tramlining (due to having no longitudal grooves in the tyre at all).

Guy

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Running S03's at the moment, mixed thoughts - I thought they were meant to last longer than S02's - mine aren't doing!

I was going to try Falkens next time, as featured on Shin's car (and by the looks of things Cem's)...

I believe they are very well matched to the skyline, toyos were excellent on the impreza, but I read else where that the skyline was too heavy for them...

But the best tyres I have yet had were Goodyear F1's and the new GSD-3 is meant to make them better still - if they are well priced I may well go with a set of these next time!

Jon

·
Registered
83 Posts
have Goodyear F1 Eagle GSD-2.

They are very good and as they are last years model are very cheap.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hows the wear rate on Yoko AVS??

Have also definitely considered the Falken FK 451's which I forgot to mention in my shortlist.

May go for the GSD-3's I think. Will also check the price difference.

So any views on Toyos with the Skyline??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not a Skyline, but I've got T1-S's on my SX at the moment, suffice to say on a 200ish bhp RWD car the rears are barely legal after 6k miles ish.

I doubt they'd last 5 minutes on a 'line :D

Awesome tyres, but.. a bit soft.. :)

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well had a S13 before the 'line and again that would eat Pirelli's in around the same mileage!!!

They're a bit heavy on rear tyres!!! I know been there

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I'd have to agree that Yokohama AVS are pretty good.

I'm currently running Bridgestone Potenza are my car - they are doing well - only complaint would be the tire roar coming from them...

My wife's car has Falken tires, and I heard that they don't last very long. Her's are doing OK, even after 9,000KM's, but then again she doesn't exactly drive fast. And since they're on a FWD Auto you'd expect them to go the distance. As for use on a skyline...

Dave

·
Registered
201 Posts
have got Continental ContiSports and they're ok (only got them as I got a decent discount). did have Falkens on before and will prob go back to them when I need to replace the Continentals

Iain

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Guy R hey man not fair you forgot to mention BBD also uses Yokohama AVS.

I like em sometimes I think I want to get Bridstone S03 ,, (I really want RE040 again but they dont sell em here)

Yoko's AVS are nice 245/40 ZR18 and they grip well quite ahh man anything you want them for they work,..,

have not tested them in the wet, and thats because we havent had any rain in 2 years :( ohh well they are good on sandy roads thou

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Guy yaa no rain man about running slicks ,, well u can we dont have a rule against it :)

WE NEED RAIN ,, DAMN water is more expensive to drill out than OIL THAT IS A SHAME

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Avoid the S-03

OK so I don't have a Skyline but I had 3 sets of S-02s and thought they were great. Now I have S-03s and the car slides oh so easily on bends now. Nearly lost it a few times. Never again, S-02 was much better.

My lodger has the same car as me with the latest Goodyear Eagle F1s and these feel more like my old S02s.

·
Registered
865 Posts
As for cheap tyres the only place i know in the uk to be the cheapest (retail and not trade of course) is www.mytyres.net

Price also incs next day delivery if they are stocked, they do the best prices i know of with regards to Toyo and Yoko and many others.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I'd choose the Bridgestone SO3's myself .. we've fitted them to a lot of S##B's and they are excellent... if they can work on a 1600kg front-wheel drive old bird .. then they should kickass on a skyline ... I've got a set ready for mine.

If not .. Yokohama AVS Sports or Michelin Pilot Sports. Umm.. Or the new Michelin Pilot Exalto's...

And hurragh .. my post count is nearly at 200!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts