GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week We were looking back at some old EBC Brake photos and brochures from 'days gone by' which then got us talking about the first vehicles we all owned (some of these can be seen in our new 'Taking a Break' YouTube series Taking a Brake with the EBC Team | Episode 1: Group CEO, James Hallett - YouTube

So, the question We have is what was the first vehicle you owned and what was so special or, not so special about it?
Was there anything 'quirky' about it? Did it have a name? Did you do any special upgrades to it?

We would love to see photos of your first vehicle and will be sending some free EBC goodies (Cap, Mug, Pen, Lanyard, you know the sort of things!) to a randomly selected forum user.

Get searching for those old photos in those attics/lofts/garages/under parent's beds or just on your phone or computer if you are from the younger generation.

We can't wait to see what you all used to drive, and I am sure occasionally push!

My first car was a Renault GT Turbo Raider with the colour coded wheels. No real modifications to be done so kept it standard, which in those days was more than enough. I wish I still had it as it would have made me a small fortune......

·
Administrator
31,835 Posts
Nice!! I had a Mk1 Fiesta 1.1 Ghia. It had a broken ignition which would just die whenever it liked and you'd need to restart it whilst moving.

Which i once did mid corner and the steering lock came on. Absolutely shit myself but managed to stop before hitting anything.

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice!! I had a Mk1 Fiesta 1.1 Ghia. It had a broken ignition which would just die whenever it liked and you'd need to restart it whilst moving.

Which i once did mid corner and the steering lock came on. Absolutely shit myself but managed to stop before hitting anything.
Sounds like an interesting drive, Always fancied an Orion Ghia myself, never did get one...

·
Administrator
31,835 Posts
Jesus, I can't even remember what the Orion looked like....

·
Super Moderator
15,975 Posts
Yeah clutch also went on it four days after I bought it LOL

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Had a Singer Chamois, only had an 875cc engine and would rev to 7500. Great little car. I upgraded the engine from the Sunbeam Stiletto, high lift cam, twin valve springs, 4 branch exhaust manifold and twin Stromberg carbs.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had a Clio Mk1 16v as my first road car, it was the 'fastest' car I could insure at 17. It even helped me to insure my E36 328i thanks to a loop hole in my insurance policy.;)

I didn't have gold wheels but it had all the Williams bits including interior.

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had a Clio Mk1 16v as my first road car, it was the 'fastest' car I could insure at 17. It even helped me it to insure my E36 328i thanks to a loop hole on my insurance policy.

I didn't have gold wheels but it had all the Williams bits including interior.

View attachment 267149
Nice, I was quite the Renault lover myself! Don't they look 'aged' now though?

·
Registered
44 Posts
My first car was a Fiesta XR2 , I loved it .
Had a full Japspeed exhaust k&n filter fast road camshaft, Spax suspension and Strut brace , wider wheels and tyres .
Everything i bought for it at the time had to be via letters and Postal Orders which most of the things I bought from Riospeed and Burton Performance .
Everything took forever to be able to buy from abroad as i live in Gibraltar.
But the wait was always worth it.
Anyways, best memories with that car.
Sorry but don’t know how to add a pic here.

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My first car was a Fiesta XR2 , I loved it .
Had a full Japspeed exhaust k&n filter fast road camshaft, Spax suspension and Strut brace , wider wheels and tyres .
Everything i bought for it at the time had to be via letters and Postal Orders which most of the things I bought from Riospeed and Burton Performance .
Everything took forever to be able to buy from abroad as i live in Gibraltar.
But the wait was always worth it.
Anyways, best memories with that car.
Sorry but don’t know how to add a pic here.
What colour was it, normally white or mainly red weren't they? Then came along the XR2i and the RS Turbo fiesta.

As for Gibraltar, What a great place, I love it there....

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
XR2 in Caspian Blue.
Did my first track day at Goodwood 1989?
Followed by a Colt Lancer Turbo, Joe Macari chipped ecu, Cosworth T3 and intercooler, home built exhaust, 18 psi boost.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts