GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Yes i was wondering if anybody else had any thoughts on this, was coming home from Stratford on Sunday, motorway, 70 mph and oil temp was highest ive ever seen it... (No oil cooler fitted)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whoops I forgot to say what Ive seen today.
After a spirited drive (up to about 140 ish...private road naturally) a peak of water 97deg and oil 95deg

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
My oil was sitting at 90 today (with oil cooler fitted) whilst driving normally and after a little play I hit 110 (degrees - mph was no way near that ;) ), which is really high for the new car.

The water also got to temperature from 'cold' in under 2 minutes!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vennuth said:
My oil was sitting at 90 today (with oil cooler fitted) whilst driving normally and after a little play I hit 110 (degrees - mph was no way near that ;) ), which is really high for the new car.

The water also got to temperature from 'cold' in under 2 minutes!
the only upside is the speed the car gets up to operating temp. I usually have a 10 min warm up period but its less than half that in this weather but the downside is it takes a lot of steady off boost pootling before shutting it off.

·
Registered
930 Posts
leggus said:
Yes i was wondering if anybody else had any thoughts on this, was coming home from Stratford on Sunday, motorway, 70 mph and oil temp was highest ive ever seen it... (No oil cooler fitted)

och i wouldnt worry about that :) I see that temperature quite often after a spirited blast along the motorway. The highest mine has been is bang on halfway. As soon as i see it up there tho i usually back off and let it cool down a bit as i have no oil cooler :smokin:

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I'm sitting between 95 and 110 depending on how hard I'm gunning it with a water temp about 85 degrees. It is damn hot, went out to the car today and looked at the water temp before turning it on for the first time and it said 28 degrees!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I've been seeing max 90 for oil (ARC oil cooler fitted) & max 110 for water!

Had the Exhaust temp to 910 after a bit of thrashing? (anyone had it over 1000?)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sky 1t said:
I've been seeing max 90 for oil (ARC oil cooler fitted) & max 110 for water!

Had the Exhaust temp to 910 after a bit of thrashing? (anyone had it over 1000?)
110:rolleyes:
Uprated rad time

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
bigrex said:
Oil 72 and water 75 in normal driving rising to 78 and 82 respectively in traffic
oil @ 72 degrees. I wouldnt even consider that warmed up. :eek:

My water seems to hover around the 90 region although when stuck in a really bad jam on the m25 the other day it did rise to around 98. I had just had an induction kit fitted and this seems to make it run about 4 or 5 degrees hotter. Anyone else experience this?

Im thinking about heat wrapping all the intake piping as that gets quite hot, adding some cold air feeds where possible and maybe even putting some kind of heat shield by the filters. If this drops the temp a handful of degrees then thats got to be worth some performance.

It could just be this bastid hot weather were having though!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts