GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

As above, im looking to space my wheels out 15-20mm not wanting to buy different wheels with the offset to do so.

Car will be used for track use just as much as road use, anyone have any experience and could recommend some or am i just better off getting longer wheel studs and getting STEEL spacers made for that extra bit of safety? If so where can i find the correct extended wheel studs?

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Richard speak to Faz from Funky Power.

They do spacers that bolt directly to the hub which would be more safer if you're tracking it. Id be wary of the normal type spacers if im driving the car hard on track.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
As above but if you must I've used project Kics in the past and they survived a fair bit of abuse.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Richard speak to Faz from Funky Power.

They do spacers that bolt directly to the hub which would be more safer if you're tracking it. Id be wary of the normal type spacers if im driving the car hard on track.
Will i have seen a few spacers like them available but its the aluminum material that's putting me off, if someone with plenty experience using these on track can recommend a good quality brand that would be excellent.

FRRACER said:
one just buy yourself some proper offset wheels and done with it. Many spacers are prone to cracking
FRRACER this isn't an option this now, later on when i have the money to buy both 18's and a big brake kit i will unfortunately i don't :(

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Will i have seen a few spacers like them available but its the aluminum material that's putting me off, if someone with plenty experience using these on track can recommend a good quality brand that would be excellent.

FRRACER this isn't an option this now, later on when i have the money to buy both 18's and a big brake kit i will unfortunately i don't :(
Fair enough mate.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/189354-check-your-spacers.html

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:O yeah that is what i don't want to happen ! that spacer is just a shit design tho look at the wall thickness after the counter bore as been drilled cant be much for than a mm !

FRRACER said:
Spacers with out studs and using longer studs pressed into the hub is a safer option.
yeah that was my safer option + have it made of steel but as long as the spacer is just a SPACER and not getting bolted to the hub there should be more than enough meat to injure even if it's of aluminum

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
If you are going the spacer route you need Hub Centric spacers BUT I still wouldn't use them on track

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I have ordered a spacer to test if it fits ok and if it does will order the rest, yeah they are hub centric.

IMO there shouldn***8217;t be any problem with any spacers that act as just a spacer & use longer wheel studs as long as there is plenty of meat between the O.D and hole for the bolt to pass through instead of the ones that bolt to the hub then bolt your wheel to the spacer (VERY BAD IDEA !)

If someone has had issues with the type of spacer I***8217;m on about getting I***8217;d defiantly like to know :/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts