GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

First post on the GTR forums. I am keen to get aftermarket wheels for my 2009 GTR Black edition. A few questions:

1) What wheels are on the car in this picture and what size do you think? ADV.1's? I also like the AVS F15's on the GTR.

*i cant post a link as my thread count is too low, but precede this with www etc. flickr.com/photos/nicholastan91/4547990742/in/photostream

2) Will changing the wheels to the ones in the above photo affect the handling and performance of the car significantly?

3) If anyone knows the wheels in the picture, where in the UK can they be sourced and rough price per corner?

I really enjoy the performance of the car, so I'm not sure if i would risk affecting the performance and handling of the car just to make it a little more unique and attractive (in my opinion) with some aftermarket wheels.

4) Also the diffuser and rear wing combo on this car are awesome, i dont think the GTR requires much to make it look incredible, a few stealth modifications can really make it look even more aggressive and that appeals to me.

Appreciate any help.

H

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
You sure this is the right picture?

Nissan GTR | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Can't really make much out.

As regards handling, on the GTR you have to make sure the wheels are strong enough to cope with the loads of a heavy and very fast car. The gtr is probably the most taxing car on its wheels and tyres.

Anything that reduces wheel weight without losing strength is going to improve the handling. The suspension doesn't have to work as hard. The further out the weight reduction the more beneficial too when it comes to direction changing. So, if you get yourself a lightweight 18 but then slap a corresponding but very heavy tyre on it and end up with the same weight of combination wheel/tyre per corner, you'll be worse off. Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think those wheels look awesome. Thanks for the comments on the wheel strength issues, i have seen a few issues raised on the forum about that re: track wheels people have bought.

I would definately consider the spoiler, but i think aftermarket wheels are my first priority (load/weight dependent). I see Ben does some great carbon goodies from spoilers to diffusers and sideskirts.

Appreciate all the replies so far.

H

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
No idea on the wheels but they do look sweet.

The wing is a GTC creation i believe

And it certainally looks like it has the WALD rear end (diffuser, arches etc)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The wheels do look remarkably similar to the F15's on this car (google image search: 'Malaysia VIP:Tommy Kaira Ebbrezza-R Nissan GT-R R35')... i think they could be the wheels. Wonder if anyone in the UK has AVS wheels on their car? Did they get them domestically?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts