GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change my wheels, I sold my Cor ones a while ago as they hit the new 400mm disks!!! They looked great good offsets and able to run a wider track! But I am thinking of something a bit more track focused this time but want them to look good without to many spokes so I can clean the brake dust off!

I want something very Jap. I need help with sizes and offsets and I need help knowing what are strong and light... Photos will help please.

Any advice is welcome...

:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
There's lots of people with TE37s on here (tbh, I'm not a fan of them but Volks are by far my favourite brand / manufacturer of wheel) so if you put a request or pics up (or better still, do a search for TE37s) you'll probably see some fitted to a GTR. People fit 18s to Evos etc. and they seem to work ...

They are made by Volk Racing (Rays Engineering) and they're about as good as you can get. They're also forged wheels, very strong, made to the correct tolerances for a GTR and will be lighter than OEM (and pretty much any other wheel out there as well) so will help with unsprung mass and won't hinder handling and performance.

The only other brand I (personally) would look at is ADV.1. AC Speedtech are official distributors for these but you need to search for the wheels on their own website. However, Andy could advise you ...

·
Super Moderator
15,693 Posts
Interesting Daz because I've hardly seen any TE37s on an R35, everybody seems to go with the COR or ADV.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
If you do a search, there are quite a few posts. I hate it when people overstate things and don't want to fall foul of this myself but, as I can no longer edit my response I will change it to say:

"There are (a few) people with TE37s on here ..." :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
theres a thread somewhere with R35 alloys in, cant find it tho,, pictures and all that.

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
Volks G2's are nice and easy to clean, but my preference is the G25s.. awesome looks and very light! :)

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
****sake do I have to do all the work??

Job done

Reactions: Gtrmad43786

·
Registered
540 Posts
Advan GTs are what I ran on my car, fully forged and lighter than OEM despite being wider. 10.5 front and 12 rears with 285 and 335 tyres. Awesome. Here's a pic of a car in the States just like mine:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Advan GTs are what I ran on my car, fully forged and lighter than OEM despite being wider. 10.5 front and 12 rears with 285 and 335 tyres. Awesome. Here's a pic of a car in the States just like mine:

OMG!!!! sold, send me the bill! been looking at the wheels online and I'm in. Making orders this week I think! What offsets are you running on the front ? I presume the backs at +20 as per your other post I commented on??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts