GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
the same thing that happens nowadays 15 years onward.....
Traffic cops in glasgow city centre smoking a new unmarked silver Focus ST (the new turbo 2.5 jobby) and provoking people into racing then pulling them over and fining them

·
Registered
930 Posts
what? Strathclyde police being guilty of entrapment? Of course not...but it happens all the time and what can you really do about it? Your word against theirs

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
koopa said:
Traffic cops in glasgow city centre smoking a new unmarked silver Focus ST (the new turbo 2.5 jobby) and provoking people into racing then pulling them over and fining them

happened to my mate in his Mr2, we were driving long a local road had a car pull up behind us (at night this was) flashing us, so we floored it and as soon as the car caught up he put his blues on and pulled us over!!! he couldnt prove it as it was his word against ours!

S

·
0 Posts
Luffy said:
happened to my mate in his Mr2, we were driving long a local road had a car pull up behind us (at night this was) flashing us, so we floored it and as soon as the car caught up he put his blues on and pulled us over!!! he couldnt prove it as it was his word against ours!
Don't you think that if people were regularly being goaded into racing by unmarked high powered police cars, someone, somewhere would have filmed it.
Yes of course they would, because it would make a great news story (remember folks, those journalists are a sneaky bunch).
So come on, where is it?
I'm bored with this urban myth.......

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
senna said:
Don't you think that if people were regularly being goaded into racing by unmarked high powered police cars, someone, somewhere would have filmed it.
Yes of course they would, because it would make a great news story (remember folks, those journalists are a sneaky bunch).
So come on, where is it?

no urban myth mate, happened to us bout 6 months ago. but i have never heard it happen since then or before then tbh.

·
Premium Member
5,782 Posts
gsb said:
Best thing to do if that happens is to pull over let them get past then have a good look at the driver before you decide to engage
thats my tactic. You can never be too careful. One of the only good things about those crappy neon windscreen washer things - you know its a chav behind you not a rozzer.

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Luffy said:
no urban myth mate, happened to us bout 6 months ago. but i have never heard it happen since then or before then tbh.
Gets on my nerves certain people who think they know it all think its BS.

People seem to think just cause theyve never seen it it dont happen.
They need wake up n realise theres a whole world out there away from their little circle.

And yes, ive had it happen once on the m-way at night, they kicked up a fuss and made out they was gonna do us, but then after lots of arguing etc they just let go with a "talking to"...

Seen plain clothes guys do it then put their ID up to the window after to make us shat ourselfs, it worked, but they pulled a funny face and drove off, lol.. :D

·
Registered
930 Posts
-C- said:
Surely the obvious answer is don't race then & it wouldn't ever be a problem?

youd think that would be the case, however...tailgaiting someone to the extent that they end up doing 10mph over the limit to get away from you is a commonly used method and excuse for these guys to pull you over.

I think most of you guys who think im talking bollox need to venture into glasgow city centre on a saturday night. Got mild window tints? Good!! Now mr plod will use his CAR KEYS to remove them from your windows.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
koopa said:
I think you should pass me the details Mr Poopa! :eek:

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
senna said:
So come on, where is it?
You make it sound like it's totally far-fetched. Is it totally inconceivable that this happens on a scale which is not regular enough that anybody would have had a bright idea to film it happening, but that it does happen none-the-less?

Come on what's this krap about it being a myth? Not all cops have as much integrity as you seem to make out!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts