GTR Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Interesting discussion n appreciate everyone's input. For what I want atm, I'm sure it will be fine :).

Budget is key tbh and everyone's is different.

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Currently I***8217;m running an Elite 2500 with a Hitachi R32 GTR CAS. No issues - the filtering on the Haltech works well. That***8217;s not to say there isn***8217;t any scatter as there is bound to be because of belt flex and key way movement. What I***8217;m saying is Haltech doesn***8217;t crap itself in the way a link would which is why they need an AEM disc at minimum and even then some people have had issues.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Does the Haltech read the CAS properly without modification?
All the big OZ builds with Haltech seem to use PRP triggers.
Most OZ tuners recommend a trigger kit or at least a brand new Nissan OEM CAS. I'm told Haltech's are not able read ignition timing too well after 7000rpm without a Trigger kit or new CAS.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I can't comment on the Haltech, but the Link is doing just fine! (With an Aem disc)

The car feels alive compared to before!

·
Registered
143 Posts
+1 Vote for a G4+

I moved from a factory ECU - to a PFC then to a G4 with my R34 GT-t.
The difference between the Link and the PFC was night and day and now I wouldn't go with anything else - hence went straight to a G4+ with my 34R.

All comes down to getting it tuned by someone competent though :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Even though this thread is a couple of months old but previous poster bumped it so I´m blaiming him. :chuckle:

I just now decided to replace my Power FC D-jetro with a MAXXECU.

Displays everything on a small tablet screen in the car.
Opted for flexifuel support and a fuel pump control module aswell.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also got the link G4 from rod at rb motorsport around 3 years ago now, very happy with it and rod and the lads are extremely knowledgeable, wouldn't take my car anywhere else:bowdown1:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts