GTR Forum banner

What would you do??

2K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  mckennar 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Not really given this much thought until I got the phone call of Rod @RB.

Where do I want to go with my car... (R33 Gtr 500r spec)

Basically my Apexi ecu is playing up, do I replace it with a second hand one hoping its not faulty for a couple £100 or go all out on a link g4?

Hmmmmm...... Decisions

#2 ·
Your location is different and may offer more options, but we prefer the Power FC on the more reasonable cars as it is an easy to operate and modify system. Not as many folks are able to tune a Link around here. Power FC with a Datalogit is easy to navigate. But you are missing some features that seem to be more popular these days...like the 2 step is annoyingly popular. But I can't recall ever having a hardware issue with a Power FC, so I would say they're usually reliable. I've bought many second hand off this site with great success.

That being said, if it is a D Jetro, I'd say stick with it, but If it's L Jetro and retains the Maf sensors, then ditch it and upgrade. Nissan Maf sensors are time bombs.

#19 ·
I***8217;ve used haltech with out the need to change the CAS. However Link need some kind of upgrade to an AEM disc or trigger kit.

There is no question the trigger kit is the way for accurate measure and ideal to have, but some people might be out of budget or on something like a 500bhp tune might not want it.

#20 ·
I’ve used haltech with out the need to change the CAS. However Link need some kind of upgrade to an AEM disc or trigger kit.

There is no question the trigger kit is the way for accurate measure and ideal to have, but some people might be out of budget or on something like a 500bhp tune might not want it.
I have a link with no trigger kit and running the standard CAS.......

#25 ·
Currently I***8217;m running an Elite 2500 with a Hitachi R32 GTR CAS. No issues - the filtering on the Haltech works well. That***8217;s not to say there isn***8217;t any scatter as there is bound to be because of belt flex and key way movement. What I***8217;m saying is Haltech doesn***8217;t crap itself in the way a link would which is why they need an AEM disc at minimum and even then some people have had issues.

#29 ·
+1 Vote for a G4+

I moved from a factory ECU - to a PFC then to a G4 with my R34 GT-t.
The difference between the Link and the PFC was night and day and now I wouldn't go with anything else - hence went straight to a G4+ with my 34R.

All comes down to getting it tuned by someone competent though :)

#31 ·
Even though this thread is a couple of months old but previous poster bumped it so I´m blaiming him. :chuckle:

I just now decided to replace my Power FC D-jetro with a MAXXECU.

Displays everything on a small tablet screen in the car.
Opted for flexifuel support and a fuel pump control module aswell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.