GTR Forum banner

What is your MAX BHP on STOCK T25 Turbos ????

• Total voters
81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
I mean not specifically on the gtr's stock turbos but other turbos that arent necessarily big, like the subaru vf variants. Of course we are talking about high boost on steel internals stock gtr turbos otherwise were are gonna break them.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
That would be very interesting Brian.

Maybe you should start a weep-steak thread.

My money is on 312 bhp. ;)
When its on the road I will dyno the car ( it would be rude not to) and we can have a competition to guess the power - might even put up a small prize

But although its nearly done it is not a priority as its not my main toy and thankfully I am still very busy at work so it will get done but not sure when.

but I will keep 312 reserved for you :chuckle:

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #85

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
my dyno 275rwhp on stock 8psi (wastegate control)
Is that a completely standard car then?

RSVFOUR will be interested in hearing that.
Give him something to aim for with his 'Standard Rebuild'.

·
Registered
43 Posts
forged internals, intake, stock injectors, stock fuel pump, stock manifolds, full exhaust with hi flow cat and power fc d jetro.

power fc was set to original stock settings with stock boost at 8psi to break in the new motor.

I will be lossing the cat and upgrading the fuel pump and injectors.

We ran into back pressure issues (cat) and 95% injector duty at 17psi at 396rwhp and 330 rwtq.

I would like to run 22 psi

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #93 (Edited)
any updates?
Yes there are, but I have refrained from posting as my car seemed to suffer stage fright on the rollers and didn't do what it does on the street. :(

Firstly, I asked for 3 runs to be done, High, medium and actuator boost.

All 3 runs went well, and the guy hopped out of the car and said all was good at the 0.7, 1.0 and 1.3 bar settings. Ay?? :confused::confused: That's not right, it should be 0.7, 1.25 and 1.55!! :(

So for some reason it wasn't boosting properly. Once I left the dyno, I booted it up the road and the AVCR peak hold went to 1.3. :( A few mile later it was happily boosting to 1.55 as it should do and I haven't seen 1.3 since. :confused::confused:

Also the dyno operator commented that it is running very rich and his first comment was that there should be an extra 20-30 bhp if its that was sorted out.

So, the scores on the doors are, (Running rich and 0.2 bar down):

0.7 Bar = 419 bhp & 345 Lbft
1.0 Bar = 440 bhp & 375 Lbft
1.3 Bar = 467.8 bhp & 418 Lbft

The operator said the was definitely 500 bhp in there, and that was before I mentioned the absence of 0.2 bar.

So, the next set it to get the map tweaked and I confident the boosting issue won't be a problem as I have not seen it before or since.

I am therefore going to refrain from voting on my own poll until round 2 is over. :)

Here are the graphs:

Power & Torque at Fly in all 3 boost settings:

Power & Boost at Fly in all 3 boost settings:

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
what were the number to the ground?
i didn't bother posting it, but high boost saw 370.3 bhp at the wheels.
So Im looking at 100 bhp transmission losses.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
how do you measure at the fly wheel?

Run the car full throttle on the Dyno, then at max revs, dip the clutch and let it coast down which is where the Dyno measures how much energy is used to rotate the wheels , drive line and transmission around at various rpm. Then deduct that number from wheel measurement , and hey presto an estimate of fly wheel power.

·
Registered
807 Posts
rb26

600cc injectors
uprated feul pump
metal headgasket
gt28 turbos
nismo intercooler
oil cooler
hks zorst
Cams
Hks Ecu

1.32 bar of boost, dropping to 1.2 bar 475bhp 390l/bs @6900rpm.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
stage 1 R33 GTR (still on ceramics) stock fuel system 1 bar of boost and i made [email protected] the fly.

not bad at all in my opinion. (not voted yet as i think i can squeze abit more out of them)

Tib

81 - 100 of 108 Posts