GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Compare it to a 997 Carrera 4S and an M3 Coupe.....

Car Depreciation Calculator Results - What Car?

Take into account that there are no extras on any of these cars. As such, the drop in real terms will be bigger for the Porker and the Beemer.

You will also see that the future devalations of the GTR is basically based on similar models as they only have a 6 month history at the moment.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's a Nissan ;) ...
60K to 30K in 4 years is not so bad, it's the price you pay for being a flash b*stard that everyone else wants to be.

Try looking up ...
"Mercedes-Benz SL Open 65 AMG Black Series 2dr"
£250,000 to £70,000 in the same period.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-deprecia...Id=13298&modelVersionId=14106&editionId=14134

I am sure there are worse examples, but I always thought the high end mercs dropped like a bl**dy stone in price.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Not so accurate, I just sold a Porsche Cayman S March 06 with 20k on the clock, cost £50,300 with extras and I got £28,500 for my minted CS.

See how the R35 does, I have the advantage of low Vat free slippery silver paint and the original price. Might do alright out of this one Govno'r

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
It will be interesting to see what happens when (if) Nissan reduce new car allocations.

If it is 750 non nav, plus 750 existing nav orders, then 250 per year.... ought to be in short supply?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Was borrowing the net and found this:

Car Depreciation Calculator Results - What Car?

What are people’s views? I can't help thinking they are over estimating the drop?

I was told by an HPC that only 250 cars are coming in next year?
That looks good to me - at least based on previous cars I have owned.

The scarcity factor will always keep the values up, unless Nissan bring out a radically upgraded model.

I remember buying a new Sierra RS Cosworth 2 wheel drive some years ago, and then 6 weeks later they launched the 4 wheel drive. That is the most I ever lost on a car in the shortest time.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Seems in line with my expectations and that is a palatable level of depreciation all considering IMO

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It will be interesting to see what happens when (if) Nissan reduce new car allocations.

If it is 750 non nav, plus 750 existing nav orders, then 250 per year.... ought to be in short supply?
Ed - that was the message one of the HPC's gave me.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Simple statement

'You don't buy cars to save money'

I've lived by this, and never been too concerned. If fact the only car I broke this rule on was a Scooby 22B many many years ago.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can't believe people consider "What Car" AKA "What Family Dirtbox Would Sir Like This Month" as any kind of authority or reference on the subject of depreciation :D

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
with so few around I'm not sure it will reduce that much...

look how long the R34 GTR keeps it value, 10 years on and still 20K

R

·
Registered
979 Posts
R34 was different, not many UK ones and rest were imports, and not many at that, far more R35's on the road....

1 - 20 of 46 Posts