GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm starting to foam at the mouth! i pick my car up on wednesday, shes had the following mods....

blitz boost controller
nismo steel turbos
mild cams
trust valve springs
head porting/flowing+matching to inlet manifold+plenum
tomie cam buckets
oversize cam shims
steel headgasket
steel inlet manifold gaskets
engine gasket set
uprated hiteq ecu
550cc injectors
timing belt
hp oil pump
water pump
hp fuel pump
trust sump pan extension
reboring block
hks forged pistons
uprated hks intercooler (streetracer type?)

full respray
pimp tint
18" blitz z1 alloys

cant think of anything else at the moment:D
ive asked for 500-550bhp. with these mods, do you think thats possible? any additions needed?
the car was great before these mods, anyone know what it'll be like on wednesday? i know some here have big bhp, and i was wondering if they can offer some advice, some do's and dont's etc:)
i will be going to the bolney meet on the 11th of november, but gonna put some more miles on her on wednesday(the tuners are running her in for me for 1000 miles at the moment)

ive included a pic, but will post more after wednesday.
i'm so excited i can barely sleep!:D

http://secret.lab6.com/uploaded_files/1004122089.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
'Pimp Tint'

Ooooh.......real impressive spec!!!

What size steel head gasket did you go for?

How much boost you going to run at?

Love the 'Pimp Tint'.......How's that done?

·
Banned
349 Posts
I would have thought you'll see 500 plus with that!

What boost will you run?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jamie and charlie
not too sure on the boost at the moment. to be honest, i'm no mechanic/tuner, i let 'em get on with it to a certain degree. i will ask tommorrow. the tuners were at donnington today, so i will ask tommorow. incidentally, they took my car up there today to put more miles on, but not going round the track:D
i will try and give more accurate detail regarding piston sizes etc when i have the info in the morning:)
i actually asked for 550bhp, but i dont want to be dissappointed. 600bhp is my ultimate aim, but i need drivability, this is my only car and i go shopping in it ha ha!:D

·
Registered
927 Posts
I want them wheel :) There the ones I was going to get for my GTR but I may have to find somthing different now :(

I had my windows done but may have to get the front ones done a little lighter as you can`t see too much out of them at night and thats not great when your going sideways :cool:

Seeyas

Richard

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why cant you have z1's richard?
my tint goes on tommorrow along with the injectors. the pimp tint is the rear screen and rear side windows only. drivers window is not pimp tint, coz i'll get nicked:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
From my own experience, it goes a little like this:

One m i s s i s s i p p i.
two m i s s i s s i p p i..
three m i s s i s s i p p i...
four m i s s i s s....aha, that'll be 60 then!

A bit like Alton Towers, but without the queues. You'll love it!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cheers Geez,
Nismo GT3.

I've almost finished collating & typing up the spec now, but I'm still not that happy with the pix: it started to rain and made everything look a little, well, austere really!

The car will be advertised here shortly, plus I'm going to try the usual suspects (Top Marques, Sunday Times) and Autocar's new picture section too...plus one or two other avenues....;)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Whizz - BANG!!!

Spudgun,

I’ve just had a look at what you’ve put under your bonnet and it’s looking good. Dependant on the pressures you’re looking to put through it, I guess you’ll be generating around 535 bhp. Your only limiting factor now is the size of the injectors and the amount of pressure you can get from your Turbos. If they are standard size Nismo steels, you’ll be look at a max puff of around 1.3 bar, cause that’s what I got when I had them on mine. They spool up like a treat though and give fantastically agile driving characteristics with little or no lag. You should on a standard box see around 0-60 in 3.8 and a top end of 180ish.

One word of warning though – RUN IT IN!!! You can never put enough miles on your prize and joy before you start giving it some. The temptation to ‘just turn it up a bit for a quick blast’ will be there like you will never believe! Resist the temptation (it’s like going through cold turkey when addicted to cars) and your engine will survive a lot longer. 80% of cars blowing up are during the first 2000 miles of use and believe me, it’s heartbreaking when they do.

Good luck, treat it gently and have fun!

Rupert

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cheers rupert, good advice:)
somehow i'm gonna have to get some kip tonight, i'm VERY excited now. i've taken the day off work tommorrow, and were going for a 'gentle' run:D i'm not gonna rag it, i'll do what the tuners tell me to do i.e rpm levels etc.
with the setup ive got, is nitrous out of the question do you think?

just cant wait till tommorrow:D :D

·
Registered
446 Posts
Pimp TinT

Anyone care to explain how this pimp tint is applied?

Has the glass to be removed?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
charlie
i know someone who used to work at lancasters/ls design. heres how they do it...

clean window down
spray with special solution
align tint onto the glass
adjust the tint till its perfect
then they use a little haidryer(?) to dry it, whilst removing any bubbles.
once dry, the windows have to stay up for 2 days.

there may be other ways of doing it(i.e. removing the windows), but this is how most seem to do it.

so, to answer your question, no, the glass doesnt need to be removed. i will let u know what mine looks like tommorrow. if it looks sh1te, i will be very peeved:mad:

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
The rear sides can be done with the glass in Charlie, the rear screen can be done in-situ, but is best removed so the installers can work the film around the curved glass.

If you want it to look best Charlie, then make sure you use someone with plenty of experience.....

Oh, and the film goes on the inside :rolleyes:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Got it!

Cheers,sussed now!

Spudgun your car looks awsome!

White.....Black...&....Gold......Just doesn't get better!

Post more Pic's :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'm taking the digital camcorder with me in the morning, so hopefully i will be able to put some up in the evening once ive sussed how to download them onto my pc:rolleyes: :)

wait till you see the rocker covers:D

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Give her a 50......:eek:

If you have a close look at the inside of the glass, you'll see that the film ends just before the rubber seal, using a scalpel carefully lift a corner of the film until you can hold it and then gently peel it from the glass working slowly across the pane.

If it's a side window you will need to remove the door cards to get access, then with the window rolled down about 6 inches peel the film all the way across the pane and trim to leave about two inches of peeled film, now roll the window back up and you can peel off the remainder of the film.

DO NOT scrape the film off of the glass with a blade, you will only scratch it. :mad:

Try to peel from a corner working across the pane, keeping the film in one piece if possible. :smokin:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i got her back today!! wow!
they aint trusting me with mega boost:D , so they will only give me 1 bar , then when ive done another 300-500 miles, they'll fit the boost controller and up it to 1.5bar:eek:
at the moment they estimate around 480bhp, but reckon it will breeze past 550bhp when the boost is upped;)
this thing pulls like a train. in fifth gear, i dont have to change gear to get a move on, i just press the peddle and off she goes!
i dont think we went over 5000 rpm today really, yet this car flew:D
smooth, strong, and unbelievably responsive, with seemingly very little lag. i am totally impressed:)
i took the camcorder today, but the batteries just gone, and i cant figure out how to download the images onto my pc:rolleyes:
i will take some normal pics tommorrow, and scan them in in the evening.
even my dump valves seem louder now:D , yet she purrs beautifully at idle. i still cant get over the oomph!!:eek:
wow!!
i'm VERY happy:)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts