GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a spare set and a mate wants to buy 'em off me. A full set seems like rocking horse sh1t - have searched and can hardly find any occurence of full sets coming up for sale other than the set Kirbz sold last week.

However, I want to polish them up rather than selling 'em straight away, so have said that I'll do that and when I fit them on my car he can buy the old set that I remove, but I need to know what the going rate is for a set of these...?

I know that Kirbz sold his full set for £200 which IMHO was an absolute steal (no disrespect Mike - bargain of the year - which explains why you only just got away with your hand still attached to your arm!! :D;) )

So what's a realistic price for a full set then?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Jim27 said:
I've got a spare set and a mate wants to buy 'em off me. A full set seems like rocking horse sh1t - have searched and can hardly find any occurence of full sets coming up for sale other than the set Kirbz sold last week.

However, I want to polish them up rather than selling 'em straight away, so have said that I'll do that and when I fit them on my car he can buy the old set that I remove, but I need to know what the going rate is for a set of these...?

I know that Kirbz sold his full set for £200 which IMHO was an absolute steal (no disrespect Mike - bargain of the year - which explains why you only just got away with your hand still attached to your arm!! :D;) )

So what's a realistic price for a full set then?
I think you may find that price is on an Exchange basis ;)

Personally the plenum is worth £150+ and the same for the covers, thats unpolished of course :D

If you polish them, and dont ask for an exchange

Then I think £600 is a realistic price

Hope your mate doesn't get upset :rolleyes: ;) :D :smokin: :( :) :eek:

They do look good polished though...just the plenum to go :smokin:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I have a full set spare.
Well actually I have lent them out for polishing / painting and return.
To a couple of people on here for the postage costs.;)

Its good to help others out !
Cheers cokey

·
Administrator
31,478 Posts
cokey said:
I have a full set spare.
Well actually I have lent them out for polishing / painting and return.
To a couple of people on here for the postage costs.;)

Its good to help others out !
Cheers cokey

absolute star too ;)

Ive got a spare sparky cover and cam belt cover, also out on loan. I reckon it would be a wise investment for the club to buy a loaner set, to send out to members, so we can all have shiney bits :)

mook

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
I sold a plenum for £75 and a full set of cam covers for the same. I really can't see there worth a lot more than that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts