GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came out for a run in the GTR and while driving noticed a slight judder when doing slow turns.

When i got home and i was getting the car on the drive it was alot worse, either left or right when i turned the car from a stop there is a juddering and grinding noise/feeling and it feels a bit stiff.

Has my rear diff died?

I changed the oil on the rear diff today, surely that couldn't have done it?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, I was just about to set it on fire! I have a bloody misfire on boost now as well. in 3rd 4th and 5th. Tried bcpr7es and bcr8es plugs which made no difference! It's winding me up after all the work I've put into it!

Any recommendations on oil for the diff?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Try some Motul GEAR 300 LS 75W-90 any LSD specific oil will do though.

Re the misfire; coilpacks or ignitor maybe?
Ok thanks mate!

Coil packs are low mileage split fires, I also have a do luck ignition wire kit. It could be the ignitor though.

Going to drop the gap on my plugs tommorrow to see if that fixes it they are 0.8 at the moment.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Just a thought but is it definitely a misfire?.....Is it possible it could be pre-det? I only ask because as the weather/air is becoming warmer, mine was starting to pre-det and I had to turn the boost down slightly to prevent it.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just a thought but is it definitely a misfire?.....Is it possible it could be pre-det? I only ask because as the weather/air is becoming warmer, mine was starting to pre-det and I had to turn the boost down slightly to prevent it.
It's when the air is colder it's doing it, e.g at night time. It shouldn't be det it was only mapped on Wednesday! AFR is fine too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts