GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My R32 GTR got it's first decent run this weekend to JAE and back, and I' pleased to say it made it there and back OK.

I do have a problem though.............I magine you're on the Motorway, cruising along at 70 mph, until you have to slow down for a Coach or something. You lift off the power and let the engine braking slow the car...............Then when you re-apply power the Car has a misfire, which can be overcome by flooring it, or changing down to fourth and flooring it.

The misfire I have makes the GTR sound like a Scooby.

I have changed the Coil loom, and the car has new looking NGK Iridium No 8's. I have some splitfire coils on theway.

Can anyone who's experienced this problem please point me in the right Direction.

Regards

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I am no expert, but this sounds like shuffle maybe?

I would suggest taking it to a professional

When you say it has a miss, do you mean it wont accelerate

And makes a chuffing sound, until you back off and apply the gas again

Does this happen around the time the turbo's start to spool up?

This is just my guess, as to what you have described

Although previous you had a misfire, which I though was the ignition module?

Good Luck :sadwavey:

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I think it is the dump valves sticking open.

I.e Backing off causes a vacuum which opens the dump valves.
But when you accelerate again the dumpvalve sticks open, causing the car to over fuel and missfire. But flloring or changing down a gear creates enough pressure to close the dump vale thus correcting fuelling and clearing the miss fire. Mine doe sit when it has sat for a while.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
David said:
I think it is the dump valves sticking open.

I.e Backing off causes a vacuum which opens the dump valves.
But when you accelerate again the dumpvalve sticks open, causing the car to over fuel and missfire. But flloring or changing down a gear creates enough pressure to close the dump vale thus correcting fuelling and clearing the miss fire. Mine doe sit when it has sat for a while.

Thanks Boss,

You're not the first person to suggest the BOV's!!

Regards

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
If its not the BOV's

I had similare Problem twice with R33, it was the Ignition Amp breaking down, onece under heavy load or higher revs it cleared its self, it only happened when hot.

Can you replicate the fault at Idle ?

if so you can measure the Volatge out from the Ignition amp and then see the fault

Nigel

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
I had this - sounds great doesnt it! its your ignition amp breaking down.

How often does it go it? every journey or every now again, right at the worse moment?

If its all the time, pop round my house, we will put mine on yours and try it out. If it still does it, then I was wrong and you can go on scratching your head trying to work it out.

Am free tonight if you like.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kennyc said:
You had any luck with this Nigel?
No luck as yet Ken, cos it hasn't done it again!! It would appear that you need to do an 80 mile journey before it happens.

I have plenty of spares, so I think I'll change the BOV's and the Amp, and see what happens...............watch this space.

Regards

1 - 10 of 10 Posts